How to not make a kiss awkward?

I've never made out with anyone before, and I haven't let anyone near me because I am self conscious about the whole thing being awkward. I don't even understand what to do with my lips and tongue. I've been kissed on the lips (like a peck) before but every time it was awkward.

I don't know what it is, but I feel uncomfortable about someone being that close to me. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• The first kiss is always awkward..because its the first kiss.

What Guys Said 1

• It probably will be awkward when your just starting out. Just keep your tongue in your mouth and go with the flow. Practice on a peach or somethin to get better. Just don't lick all over his face like a dog.

What Girls Said 1

• um I beg to differ with what those guys up there said. your first kiss won't be awkward at all as long as one of you knows what your doing. once he kisses you you'll know what to do trust me. if he comes really close to you like an inch away from your face just kiss him if he hasn't kissed you.