I'm only attracted to guys who are " out of my league". Does anyone feel the same?

I think that's the only reason why I'm single.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop thinking they'reo ut of your league and go for it

What Guys Said 9

• How so, physique-wise? Like being out of shape but attracted to those who are in great shape? If so you can work out to boost sex appeal.

To me the whole league thing is something better half-way forgotten, since people all have different "types" of physical looks they're attracted towards.

But of course if you are attracted to those in great shape then it would often generally help to start working on your physique as well along with fashion and so forth.

It's where I say "halfway forget" but not completely since it's not helpful to be oblivious to your own physical appeal to the extent of ignoring it and expecting others to overlook it while you don't do the same yourself. Yet at the same time, it's worth noting that beauty doesn't fall on a universal and linear spectrum which is obvious when you find that a lot of guys don't agree on who is the most beautiful and won't rate the same girl the same way.

I'm in great shape and that's not the problem. I meant that I have extremely high standards and attracted to a statistically narrow range of guys. My university has 30,000 students and half of then are male. I'm only attracted to popular varsity athletes, academically distinguished students or leaders of the student council ( 1% of the male population). I'm none of those things.

Oh, if you're physically attractive enough to the guy to get your foot in the door and have him consider you as a sexual/romantic partner, and you make a fantastic girlfriend who satisfies him sexually and has a great bond with him, that's going to put you above many of the girls who want such a guy.

It'd help if you can let go of some of those insecurities, or at least align them more towards qualities that make girls considered "keepers" among guys. Looks are generally going to be the force that attracts, how you behave (if you behave better than a lot of other girls) is generally going to be the force that makes a guy want to keep the girl.

Being a great girlfriend doesn't necessarily require you to be a star athlete or the elitist form of academic excellence. It does help if you can provide interesting conversation material to the guy but you don't have to be a genius to speak about topics that fascinates one.

• there's no leauges in dating its not a sport.

• It's natural. by the way, guys - even those who are out of your league" - are not nearly as picky as you think and I am sure plenty of them would be happy with you.

• I'm single because once I get to know someone, I usually dislike them. That's why I have very few friends too. I can't stand most people. Small doses are okay, like for limited hours to work with, but to be around them all day like in a relationship would just be too much for me.

• I only go for 16-24's (rarely older unless they hide it well) and have been single for 11 years. My own "league" sucks so that's never going to happen even if I end up single for the rest of my life (too much drama settling for what I don't really want in my 20's, never going back to that).

• I don't believe in leagues besides dating is not a sport or competition.

• Then you're probably gonna have to lower your standards unless you wanna stay single.

I would rather stay single than to lower my standards.

That was not the question but k

Well yeah there are plenty of people like you, and people like that either compromise or stay single their entire lives.

• welcome in my world

• You would be

What Girls Said 2

• There was a good mytake about this subject but I don't remember the name of it, so I'll just try to sum it up. Basically, it's all about your mentality- you think "that guy is so hot, but he would never go for me" so you kinda give off a negative vibe and seem insecure. Here's a great quote about that: "Whether you think you can or can't do something, you're probably right." I'm not sure who said that, but the point is thinking you can do it leads you closer to success. So, just be confident (easier said than done, I know) and stop thinking you're less than someone.

• nope since I don't really see others that way