Why do women wear their boyfriends's clothes?

I never ever understood this. Can someone explain it to me?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear them out in public... But I mainly wear my boyfriend's clothes because they smell like him. Plus baggy hoodies and tshirts are super comfy.

And not so much as "turf claiming" for me. More of a sense of like yes:) I'm in love:) ... Like, gratitude for love. I'm mushy like that though

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 20

• I can see why some women wear their bf's clothes. It smells like the boyfriend and makes them feel safe and happy. I have worn guys clothes in the past, like a hoodie on a cold night. But I don't wear their clothes all the time.

• something about control...

• I always thought it was to feel closer to their boyfriend/husband

Really? By sharing clothes?

It's not sharing clothes, but occasionally wearing a man's over-sized shirt that she might lounge or sleep in.

I never felt closeness to anyone lol

• My sister wears her husband's t shirts at home because she left all her clothes here. : D
    She still hasn't gone shopping to by clothes to wear at home.
    And we were having a conversation and bro in law joined and said, "I like her in my shirt because she looks really cute."

• Level of comfort. If I don't have anything to wear at his house, I'll wear his shorts and shirt. Plus they smell like him so it's like being wrapped by him without actually being wrapped.

• They're just more comfortable. When I was with my ex, I wore his shirt all the time because it was oversized and had room for my boobs lol.

• Very comfy and their clothes smell like them.

• If my boyfriend ever gave me a shirt of his, id wear it haha
    It's cute.

• I feel safe and happy and it smells nice, and I think it's cute 🙊💕

• They're bigger and comfy

• Cause it's comfy and it can be sexy.

• It's just nice to wear their shirts or sweatshirts and smell their smells. When you're out in public with their stuff on you're basically saying "yeah this is my boyfriend's sweatshirt he's mine so back off" claiming your territory.

Nobody is my territory & I'm nobody's territory lol but I get what you're saying

• Because they're comfy and small like them.

• To be honest I just love the smell of the cologne and it's just so comfy!

• Oh there are so many reasons. First, they are big and comfy. Second, they kind of mark me (not really). In my head, I'm like, "yeah, I belong to him." Lastly, which I think is the most important for me is that it smells like him.

Many of you girls had gave me the same responses like 😂😂😂😂🙅 but none of you convinced me

• because my boyfriend has cool t-shirt I don't have.. lol
    I don't know I like wearing his clothes it just feels good and comfortable haha

• As a trophy I guess :P

• I never wear them in public but I do when at home. He wears baggy t shirts and theyre soooo comfy for lounging about in

• Because it smells like them and for me it makes me feel safe... and so other girls know he has a girlfriend because my smell will be on him

• Huh it's easy. You wear his shirt and look both cute (as it will be bigger on you) and sexy (with probably nothing under it). It smells a mix of his fucking amazing scent and cologne and a bit of testosterone. When you wear and smell it, you're officially his and his only and comes a relief into your troubled, fucked up mind. It is the most amazing feeling in the world. I wish I experienced it.