Age difference

is there anything wrong with a 24 year old guy going out with an 18 year girl

i know this girl for ages we have great chemistry and she is going on 19

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not that bad but you have to understand that she is not as experienced as you are and just becomin an adult so her mindset is totally different no matter how mature she acts, compare to your level of maturity, she is not there. But it is legal but your pushin it she could be 17 sayin she is 18. Check her ID or find out thru her friends to be sure cause one day you don't want police knockin at your door saying your arrested for statuatory rape and all you can say is she told me she was 18 when you could have done things to find out for sure since she is so young lookin. Happens all the time and you could be telling the truth but it don't look that way to others. So find out for sure her age before doin anything or going further. You got to think about things like this when you start talkin to chicks who are either a senior or just got out of HS. They will say anything to be with an older experienced man compared to the horny boys they encounter everyday. Not saying she is lying but you never know in situations like this. That's why its best not to go that young.

What Girls Said 2

• it's not wrong but the difference in maturity can cause problems..

• Your gonna do what you wanna do and since you know her then go for it!

What Guys Said 5

• There are many things you have to take into consideration. Probably first and foremost, in my mind, is this 18 year old girl going to college or plans on it next semester or something along those lines? College is a big time for both guys and girls alike to figure out who they are and what they want. I know personally I am not the same person I was after college and I don't like the same people and same habits I did before, so this could cause MAJOR problems for you if she goes from a lax-playing, designated driving, movie on a friday night teen to a pot smoking, sorority letter wearing princess. Its a story I've seen all too often and it never ends well for the a guy who thinks an 18 year old girl is gonna be the same between now and when she turns 21.

Age is just a number and if you treat her right, there should be no issue. Just know what your getting yourself into before all the facts are settled.

• Nope, but are you SURE she is 18?

• Its legal so I don't see a problem

• Absolutely nothing wrong. If anything, your maturity can help her through a difficult period of her life.

• It's gonna end with you getting hurt bro, if you guys get serious. 18 year olds don't even know who they themselves are yet. Outside influences will have a lot to do with the quality of your relationship as well. I had a similar situation, she was 19 and I was 23.. ended with me just getting my heart destroyed because of the maturity level and different life placements.