Dealing with needy emotionally unstable men who cannot handle rejection?

I met this man online and he seemed okay on the first date. He was very keen to meet again in the next couple of days, texted non stop, then second date showered me with complements saying how amazing I am and how lucky he is to have met me. Third date he told me he had "love at first sight" and felt like we had a "spiritual connection".

At this point I started distancing myself and felt he was a bit weird. He continued texting me non stop and also kept asking me every day for a date. This went on for a month and I did meet him a few times, he seemed like a "nice guy", he then started acting like we were a couple and assuming me are in a relationship and talking about the future.

I could not handle this man anymore and texted him that we are incompatible and looking for different things. He started sending me extremely long messages telling me how hurt he is, that he is crying, that he thought I was the one, begging me to meet him and to give him another chance? I avoided him completely but even weeks later he continued messaging me and I decided to meet him (stupid of me). He immediately started begging that I start dating him again and that he felt it was love and STARTED CRYING INFRONT OF ME! I was shocked and I told him I just went on a few dates with him over a month and he shouldn't be so intense and emotional, he said he is very lonely and depressed and wants someone to love him! I told him I am sorry but that it sounds like he needs mental support and therapy. He then got angry because I didn't give in to his crying and stuck to my decision, he started becoming angry in his tone of voice and shouted that I am cold and heartless etc. I left!!!

Anyone had experiences with such emotionally unstable men? How to deal with such people who cannot handle rejection and keep texting you to meet them because they are depressed? Is it better to dump them over text or person? Any help would be appreciated as I am afraid this man will now be stalking me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't owe anything to him to break it off in person. You weren't even in a relationship!

You need to cut him out of your life completely. Block his number if you have to. And for pete's sake don't meet him again. That guy has severe issues.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dealt with a similar case however slightly different. He just got out of a 2 year relationship (engaged and all that shabang) when we crossed paths. We hit it off right off the bat and everything seemed fine. One month in of knowing each other, he wanted to meet my family and vise versa. I am the sort to keep my personal life private until I am comfortable with the person I am introducing. And told him that we needed to slow things down a bit.

He ignored it and was asking where I would like to settle, how many kids I wanted and I just fureeeaaaked out. I told him that this wasn't working out and that we had to stop. He kept begging me to give him another chance but at that point, I was just so turned off. We no longer communicate but he stalks me on social media.

I personally don't dump guys over text but if you are uncomfortable, its prolly best.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah that doesn't sound like a nice guy, That sounds like a Stalker waiting to happen in a Beta Male's body. Break up with him, you owe him nothing, Block him on social media and your phone. These are your best options.

• He sounds more like a woman than a man

• I bet he is already planning how to murder your future boyfriends/husband. If he can't have you, no one can😵😣

What Girls Said 4

• You don't.
    We are at the age in our lives where we don't have any time to waste. If a man is not coming to you at a certain point mentally, then don't continue to pursue him. Period. His emotional reaction is his problem to deal with, not yours. In situations like this, you have to simply say how you feel the cut off communication. It's not that you're heartless, it's that he's too sensitive and emotional to function like a rational, logical human being who can handle rejection reasonably. Stop communicating with him. Don't meet up with him again. Stop letting him manipulate your empathetic side. Stop responding to him completely.

• It sounds like he has some deep seeded issues that you were unaware of. No one should be that attatched and obsessed so early in on dating. Anybody, man or woman, would definitely be scared of that behavior you just described and would run off as well.

• Over text... they could get more angry in person.

• You should not have met him in the first place. These types of people have serious issues.