When would you consider a relationship long term?

• 6+ months - year
  • 1 year - 2
  • 3-5 years
  • 5+

Most Helpful Guy

• Three weeks is long term for ANYTHING for me any more. Been seeing a chick for 3 weeks? Yup, that's long term. "You shouldn't combine X supplement with Y supplement, it bad for you." "Is it gonna kill me in the next 3 weeks? No? Then I'm good."

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's so much about the time frame as it is about the general progression of the relationship and where it's headed.

I dated a guy once for like a year and a half that was never a serious relationship and was basically just out of boredom. We liked each other enough and enjoyed each other's company but we both knew it wasn't really going anywhere... we were basically just friends that boned and sometimes went on dates.

With my current partner, it felt like a serious/long term relationship by about 4 months in. We both knew it was different and we could tell it was moving toward a much larger commitment. Now, a year and a half later, we have bought a home together and have been discussing wedding ideas and rings and etc.

The year and a half guy we never actually even talked about being exclusive though neither of us were dating anyone else at the time. But we kind of both were still looking..

What Guys Said 5

• I's think it's 5 years or more, but the consensus here believes than a minimum of 6 months or more for a relationship should be considered a long term relationship.

• At 8 months I believe you could say serious (as in you more or less met each other). Ltr would be a year and a half.

• After about the nine month mark

• This equation probably depends on your age too

• 3-5 years

What Girls Said 3

• After I'm all situated with a good job and my head is clear then I'll be ready. Right now I just need to be free.

• If it goes over 6 months, that show commitment.

• 1 month for me its too much