IS IT OKAY FOR A 24 YEAR OLD YOUNG LADY TO DATE A 19 YEAR OLD YOUNG MAN?

Even though he's younger than her he's in college trying to make a future for himself. She gives him space to grow and she doesn't make him feel like a child either. She treats him equally. But what do all think its okay for a 24 year old girl to date a 19 year old young man?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine, as long as you're on the level of maturity you won't have any issues

That's one of the things I fear but he seems mature to me though..

That's good then👍

Yesss!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine.

I have a friend who's 28 and is dating a 20 year old guy... we obviously razz the hell out of her for it, especially because they started dating when he was 19 so we razzed her about dating a teenager, but he's a really good guy, has his shit together and is definitely way farther in his career than I was at his age!

Wow thats really good.. see thats what i fear most is people teasing amd being judgmental of me talking to someone 5 years younger than i am. But i think itll be fine over time.. and i noticed the same anout him he's in college and seems to have a bright future ahead of him..

Well, in my group of friends we are all a bunch of ass holes to tease each other over everything lol

In our crew, if we DON'T tease you, it's a sign that we probably don't actually like you that much...

Lol right you guys are really close.. i just take a lot of things personal that i should and say whatever n brish it off.. lol

What Guys Said 12

• seems fine to me

• Its completely fine, as long as u are fine with it.

• Sure I don't see a problem with it

• 6 years gap. I don't really see it as a big deal. Date whomever you want to date, what else can I say?

• Why not? They are both legally adults.

• Why the hell not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    He is of legal age, and you're only 5 years older anyway.

• But you treat him as son now.

• she will try to control him specially with his young age

• Yes, it is

• off course it ok...

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• My parents started dating when my Dad was 19 and my Mum was 23.

Neither of you are underage so I say as long as you love each other, go for it! You have my support.

• nothing wrong with her dating a younger guy

• If they're both happy and he's mature enough and it's a healthy relationship I don't see why not. Divorce rates skyrocket in marriages where the women is older, but there is always an exception to the rule. If you can make a relationship work and you're better for it, do it.

Right i believe its the mental state of maturity in both individuals.. because I used to be the type that thought I would fall for a younger guy.. I believe it will work if we both want it too..

• Why you care, both are you're legal adults. Go for it.

• Lol no. I'm going to a community college right now to do some pre reqs and a freshman started hitting on me. So the age gap is 18 to 22. I would never date someone that much younger than me. Too weird.

Yea a lot of girls always prefer someone older than them.. I was even like that once before I really got interested in someone younger than me.. plus im more into mental than age

• If they're okay with it it's fine... Tbh I wouldn't date someone who was 5 years younger than me.

• If it's okay for men to do it, it's okay for females to do it as well. :3

• after school age doesn't really matter anymore... both are adults... You can't choose who you fall in love with

• What exactly is the problem? They are both legal adults...