Guys, would you insist on paying on the first date?

like you wouldn't want to let the girl pay no matter how much she's bothering you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't let her pay even if she puts a gun on my face

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• My mindset is that I'd offer to pay for the first date out of a sign of courtesy (assuming she wasn't rude and actually deserves the courtesy). I also like the little bit of tradition still I guess. That being said, if she wants to pay for her half, I won't stop her.

So I guess I'd offer and make an attempt to pay, but I wouldn't insist hard if that makes sense. It seems a bit excessive for me to essentially force courtesy on someone lol. If she wants to pay for whatever reason, she can go for it.

• I would happily let her pay for her half. I don't like being expected to pay because it implies that her time is more valuable than mine and that she needs to be compensated for choosing to go on a date with me.

It also bothers me because I know its very likely that the same girl who is expecting me to pay for all the dates has previously exchanged nudes and/or hooked up with guys who didn't have to spend a dime on her.

• i offer and am glad to pay but i don't insist. i like it if a girl offers to pay half

• I'd pay, but not because I think I should necessarily. Its because I dont wanna seem like a guy who can't afford the dates we're going into. Men who dont pay at first are frequently badmouthed. I dont want that.
    Gotta say though, after the 2nd or 3rd date Im expecting her to put some money into it as well, otherwise she's just a parasite.

• I mean, the guys suppose to be the gentlemen sooooo. But nope, I wouldn't let her pay. Even if she was bothering the f*ck out of me.

• No thats like a car salesman offers you to pay only half the price but you still want to pay the full price.

• the person who asks and invites is the person who pay for the date
    the end

• No. Always split the bill.

• I would insist.

• the first and the last and every date

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0