Is friends with benefits a good idea if you actually like the person?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's that you think fucking him will make him develop feelings and start to love you then you're going to be very disappointed

Most Helpful Girl

• Heavens no! If he doesn't like you and you think he'll fall for you like you see in romantic comedies, you're wrong. He will never grow to like you. He just wants sex.

Thanks for MHO! Good luck with everything!

What Guys Said 17

• I think the friends with benefits situation is only for people that are are absolutely certain that they will never get attached emotionally or jealous of whomever they form that kind of relationship with. All parties involved must be absolutely sure that is what they really want and know what they are getting themselves into. And also aware of what consequences there are before just jumping into something like this.

The Friends with Benefits type of situation is not for everyone. Make sure you are clear to the other person and that you both know for certain if this is what you really want and that nobody had lied to anyone or had mislead anyone from the beginning.

If you have any doubts about it, then it's probably not something to get into or get involved with. Otherwise, you could end up an emotional mess later or that they can, or eventually the both of you are in a mess.

• Friends like their friends and it is friends with benefits. Just remamber, somtimes having sex with your friend can screw up the whole friendship. Make sure you want to risk that before you do it. You may think it's no big deal, but trust me, it is. Now, why do I say this. I actually experienced it. It was good for a brief time. We are no longer friends. It wasn't just one thing. It changed the whole dynamic of your friendship. I miss my friend, but it's over. I wish I had never done it. I'm not saying your experience will end the same. But, is it worth the risk of losing your friendship? There are other men to meet and have sex with. I hope it all works out for you whichever way you go.

• That's the absolute worst time do a friends with benefits, I'd imagine. You're better off sleeping with someone that you can't stand.

• Might not be. It all boils down to the other person. Some run away from relationships when they get too caught up in romance, others open up because of it.

• Bad idea. Run away now.

• If you both have feelings for eachother then yes, as it could blossom into something more. However if only one of you has feelings, you'll be hurt when the other wants to break it off or doesn't show feelings back

• I don't see why not - if they are civil and dependable and you're happy with that.

• Nope- you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

• No, you're setting yourself up for disappointment

• Why is this even a question? No it's not. You should either say you are not into that kind of relationships (even if it's a lie) or say you want more.

• if you like him, its not a good idea..
    but if you both agree that it will be just sex and no commitments, then it can be amazing

• No its not, as long as there's no benefit once shit goes serious...

• If you mean have feelings for them no it's not a good idea.

• friends with benefits is ALWAYS good!

• If they are great in bed, take them out. Maybe it will turn into being great in and out of bed

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• If it's a one sided crush it's a really bad idea since the person may just be interested in the benifits and you will definitely catch feelings
    If you are friends either one of you will develop feelings (thanks to pheremones)

• NOOOOOO. Been there done that sister. Definitely not.

• Horrible idea.

• Nope

• NO NO NO!

Can I make it any more clear? Yeah I think so:

HELL NO!

• hell no!

• Wouldn't be able to do it.

• Absolutely not.

• Slippery slope there, you might get hurt

• No, it's not a good idea.