How long do guys wait before they text a girl after a first date?

I don't see anything wrong with a woman texting a man first. Hats off to the ladies who do have the confidence to text a man first.
I've been out of the dating game for nearly 3 years now and went on my first date a few days ago. I was extremely nervous. Getting yourself back out there is pretty nerve wrecking.
The guy who I went on a date with is the complete opposite. You could tell that he is very confident and experienced in dating.
Long story short, the date was brilliant. After a few minutes my nerves went away. I even made him laugh more then he made me laugh.
After the date I got a text off him straight away. But now it's been 4 days and I still haven't heard anything.
What I want to know is how long do guys wait before they text a girl? If you don't hear from a guy within a week, should I take that as a red flag, that he isn't interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• IT is quite nerve wrecking to be back in that game/space after you haven't done it for a while - too true.
    On texting - I believe you should just ask, there's no harm - text when you want, he'll reply, or he won't - and kudos to ladies not afraid to text first or speak their mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand your feelings. It's such an unsure situation right? The same with me here. So 2 days after our first date i texted him said how great the date was since he didn't make the move. Then he vanished in the middle of the conversation for almost 3 weeks and all of sudden reappear with this text "you've greatly impacted my life this 2 weeks". Of course I was off a bit... Anyway, it took him 3 weeks to text me again. If that doesn't bother you, then nothing to talk about if yes, then u need to be honest with him about your feelings

It's been a week now so your message makes me feel better. if I don't hear by 3 weeks I guess it's bad news.

What Guys Said 4

• My last girlfriend would text me 20 minutes after all of our dates.

Yes, 1 week is definitely a sign he is not interested unfortunately.

• I usually only have time in the weekends, and even those can be complicated, so you shouldn't worry much, but I'd still have texted just to say this weekend was off the table but to set up next weekend's date.

• Imidiately following a good time...

• I've never put a time period on something like that. I have numbers that i've never texted but i like hanging out with those people.

What Girls Said 2

• I usually wait 3 days to a week. That's what all my guy friends said but it could vary from people to people

• statement clear:

He won't wait if he likes you. if he has doubts then the games will begin!