Is it wrong that whenever I see a guy with an average-looking or ugly girlfriend, I immediately find him to be unimpressive?

So yeah, whenever I see couples anywhere, if the girl in the couple is average-looking or ugly, I automatically think that the guy is lame, or a loser. Because it's like he couldn't get a hot girl. Of course it isn't all about looks, personality is very important but there are hot girls who have great personalities too. So I don't see why a guy would date an average looking or ugly girl. Is it wrong of me to think this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering you don't have any insight into their relationship barring the most superficial of aspects, yes, it's wrong. You know nothing of her personality, her dreams or aspirations, or how he feels about any of those things. If they're together, they're together for a reason. HE obviously thinks she's beautiful and worthwhile and that she is a prize worth having, whether you agree or not.

Maybe, but like I said you could find hot girls with all of those things. And no, he doesn't obviously think she's beautiful just because he's dating her. More likely is that he's dating her despite her being not beautiful

I think you're truly wrong if you think a guy is in a committed relationship with someone that they're not attracted to. I know I wouldn't be with someone I didn't find attractive because attraction is a must in any relationship. So yes. He thinks she's beautiful if he's with her. Beauty is very subjective. What you find attractive and what another person finds attractive might be entirely different. Again, you know nothing about the dynamics of their relationship other than YOU personally not finding her attractive, which I'm sure neither she nor he are losing any sleep over.

I don't agree with your answer but its the best one out of this bunch

What Girls Said 2

• Probably would just keep this in your inner dialogue as it has no actual relevance to anything it isn't nice however to judge based on looks alone but some people look beyond that. On another note maybe he is blind? Ha!

• Think whatever you want, lol.
    They're happy with their girlfriend, didn't matter what you think.

What Guys Said 4

• On how hot exactly are you then?

This is a question about attraction of girls, not me.

Reason Im anon is because people I know in real life use the site. Dont want them to know I think these bad things of people

• Dude, i have been out with tons of hot girls and slept around a lot.
    But i never considered them as good long term girlfriend material.
    My girlfriend is an average looking girl, but im head over heels in love with her because of her attitude and her nature and specially her LOYALTY.

So have I and like I said, it depends on the person. You DO get hot girls who are girlfriend material. The fact that they're hot doesn't dq them from being girlfriend material. SO yeah, if you're dating an average girl then...

• Hot girls ain't everything. .. some are lazy... can't cook. .. and expensive. .. i like average.. girls.

• Most "hot girls" are stuck up, entitled, and bitchy. If two people love each other, it's none of your business.

Never said it was my business, just that I think those guys are sad