The one who asked for the date should also pay for it. Agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• I disagree with men paying... Offering yes however actually paying no. I wouldn't allow it. I work full time I can pay my own way and I'd find it more flattering if I made him laugh as opposed to getting his wallet out X

• could be that way and it doesn't have to... but I lean toward yes, if I ask someone on coffe be it a friend or potential boyfriend I would think like to treat them...
    one time I asked guy out on coffee and I was meaning to pay, then I realized I had no cash on me!! I didn't say anything and he paid, turned out he was the gentleman type, probably wouldn't let me pay anyway

• Agreed. And then if they continue seeing each other you take turns

• Agree, but a gentleman would pay regardless.

• Agreed, that's why I don't ask dudes on dates.

• Hmm.. I'd rather us each pay for our own stuff.
    If I tell them that I'm taking them out or if it's their birthday or something, then obviously I'll pay.

Oh. And if I know their financial situation and I ask them out then I'll pay for them

• I absolutely agree this is a given and I do not understand why there is a debate. You asked the person out you pay

• Agree.

• Agree

• I think you should split, but the person choosing better choose somewhere cheap.

• I don't know. if I had to get up the nerve to ask him, I sorta did him a favor and gave him a break. Lol

• Hmm, I prefer to always split the bill 50/50.

• if I ask some if I can take them to wherever then I pay. if we arrange to go somewhere we pay for ourselves.

• I agree. If you intend to split the bill at least let your date know before hand.

What Guys Said 13

• most woman will agree since they rarely ask the guy out
    and wait for him to do everything
    than nag about equal pay and women rights
    he moves on and never asks her out she posts a question her like do i still have a chance
    feel free to dislike this opinion ladies :p

I bet the girls are just banging down your door for dates! Lol

A comment on your post hardly demonstrates "I care".

PS it's "know" not "now"

@Lemongrass123 you wouldn't comment on any other post there are 13 guys and 15 girls here only mine offended u so weird :p

• If it's the first date ill pay but for the most part yeah. It should eventually alternate and or be split.

• I agree.

• The guy should always offer to pay for the first date (especially if he makes the first move), but a girl shouldn't expect him to pay all the time

• Agree 100%. Having said that, I would never want the girl to pay for me no matter who asked for the date.

• no i disagree, i think its best if both parties pay for the food they bought.

• Split it

• Disagree. If I asked, I'm paying. However, I'm always going to pay for at least my half.

• Yes I agree.

• Both should plan ahead before going on a date if y'all are broke

• I guess. Why do women act differently to a guy who pays?

Also can u check out my take pls on two guys treating a girl differently? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a30669-do-women-have-dirtier-sex-with-guys-who-don-t-care-about-them-what

• One asks, the other agrees, they both pay.

• No, the woman should always pay.