Why do guys on online dating ask a lot of personal questions?

I'm new to online dating and one thing that I find weird is that 1. guys ask for your number right off the bat, 2. They start asking personal questions such as what is name of company you work for, what is your last name, what are your kids names, where do you workout? etc... It kind of creeps me out. Why do guys on online dating ask so many personal questions before even meeting? I don't want some guy I've never met to know my last name, where I live (knowing the city I live in is one thing but exactly where in that city I live I think is weird to ask) and especially what my son's name is. When they ask for my number I'm thinking... what if I don't connect once we meet, but they feel chemistry, then all these guys have my number? Why would any girl want a bunch of guys to have her number if she doesn't like them after meeting? That's a rhetorical question. Can you please shed some light on this for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never done that. I often will chat with a woman for a week or two before giving her MY number. I try to get to know them, but I've never asked THOSE kinds of questions...

What Guys Said 3

• Its either:

A) They don't know how to generate good conversation, so they are just trying to find anything to talk about.

B) They are actual creepers.

If it's A, your fine, that phase would go away once he becomes more comfortable. If it's B, well then, that really sucks. I don't really blame you for not taking any sort of risks.

• What lol I never did that on tinder, that's wierf

• Probably stalkers.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd be really careful with men that ask for numbers, address, where you work, etc. They could absolutely be stalkers. Saying "I need to get to know someone for a little bit before I give out personal information". If they stop contacting you or continue to ask, move one. Be careful with online dating. Been there, done that. There are sites that are better than others. If your on Plenty of Fish it has a terrible reputation, so be careful with that one.
    Good luck :-)