Guys, Do you value status? Does that make a girl more attractive to you?

• yes
    29% (115)
  • no
    71% (277)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

66

Most Helpful Guy

• For some women this can make them really vile from my experience and some even more brilliant. I personally just like girls who are down to earth bubbly and don't brag to much about status to all girls status is different but I never really find it more attractive I find sympathetic woman and caring girls more attractive hey ho that's just me though.

What Guys Said 65

• I won't date most lower-class women (white trash/ghetto/barrio culture), but other than that, I don't care. And it's really more of a cultural/values thing, rather than status.

• I care for her personality and attractiveness. The status I could not care less.

• I value a girl for who she is, not what she is. Who being someone lovely, nice, beautiful inside and out. That's who someone is right?

• not especially. it would be low on the list of things i value in a person as it isn't really a determinant of who they are as a person

• No men are hard wired to go for youth, fertility and beauty. Women after 30 are usually put on the shelf if they haven't invested their youth in finding a good caring nice guy for relationships and her money or status wouldn't do a dam thing that's for sure.

The only benefit status gets women is access to alpha males but then again she has to be very attractive in order to get commitment from them. Although it can impact a womans life in a bad way to find commitment if she has status because it limits her dating pool drastically if she's physically unattractive since female hypergamy means she only dates a man of superiority rather than date down in ranks. Like how many women in high status paying jobs do you see dating men who are cleaners, mechanics or builders and if that was the case she would be unhappy.

An don't forget the alpha males are the top 20% so the higher she goes the shorter her dating pool.

• No it honestly makes no difference to me. Physical attractiveness and personality matter more. Men and women want different things in a partner.

• I wouldn't want to date a ghetto girl but beyond that, a girl's wealth or fame does not add anything to her attractiveness.

• No.

Most of us don't care about wealth or status in a woman. Hell, a large reason we care about having our own level of wealth and status is because it attracts women.

• actually yes. Not saying I am a gold digger lol but in all honestly I never liked anything to extreme. for example, if the girl is a billionaire I would not be comfortable dating her nor would I fare out to good. She would probably except me to just live off of her because lets face it people usually like to baby the people they love. I would not feel right using someone elses money. Second, if the girl was extremely poor I wouldn't care as long as her intentions are genuine. I have the most in common with middle class though but its not a deal breaker.

• Need to "update" your question. Having just a title doesn't give enough information/example to make a comment/opinion on it.

Girls care more about a man's status then a man does about a women's. Women are a lot more shallow and care about material things more than men. Guys care more about her physical appearance, than women do of men.

• No. Status is one of those things only women care about.

What status is to women, youth and attractiveness are to men.

• Yes, i value single relationship status, i dont want girls that already taken. And also social status as in respected by others. And physical status, like does she work out or not? Also status of lifestyle, does she take drugs or not? And emotional status, such as is she emotionally available for dating?

These are the status things that interest me. I think its important to know these before making a move.

• With men, a woman's social/economic status doesn't matter much.

The mentality is what matters more.

• What does that even mean?
    like if she is a snobby stuck up rich girl?

• Not at all. Lindsay Lohan could be a homeless and unemployed nobody, but I'd still do her all night long.

• Women care more about that shit. YOU may not but there are probably a lot MORE women out there who are going to want to bone Chris Brown after this publicity stunt.

• On the one hand it may be difficult dating someone extremely poor or extremely rich, but on the other with a little communication and a lot of love it should work out eventually. Shouldn't be a long term problem is what I'm saying.

• I don't really care about a girl being popular per say, but one thing I've leaned is that if a girl had hardly any friends or seemed to be disliked by a lot of people, there's probably a good reason for that, and it has nothing to do with those people being "haters" or "judgemental"...

• I never cared a lot about status to be honest.

• Well - I'd say it isn't key but it helps - not that it matters per se, but it does allow for a nicer appearance and manners - and both of these are a big bonus.

• I am sensing a real double standard here.

As for me, I don't care and I would expect the same from the opposite sex. I am who I am and I am what I have become.

• Honestly don't care one way or the other.

• Only on gag is this a thing

• couldt care less if she's a janitor or a lawyer, if she's hot for me she's hot regardless of the status.
    but i think girls think the same as i do tho, sucks

• No, and I find women who are bothered about "status" extremely off-putting.

• Guy say they don't but they do.

• It is what it is... This does attract the wrong people, but I do the picking instead. I don't value it... It has its own value which allows me to extract from it

• Her social status doesn't matter. It think it's super unattractive when women focus so much on that.

• No. I don't care how much money she has, so long as she isn't in debt and looking for me to pay it off. lol.

• What the fuck is a value status...

• More from Guys
    35

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more