Girls, what are you really saying when you want your boyfriend to give you space?

My girlfriend has been really distant the last few weeks since our first fight. I talked about it with her this weekend and she said every since the fight, she's had doubts about us. When I give her space, she misses me and gets affectionate again, but when I push it and want to be with her a lot, it scares her off now. It didn't used to be like this at all. Now she wants some space. Have you ever felt like you needed space, and still stayed with the guy in the long run? Or is that an inevitable break-up?

What Girls Said 1

• "I just need to be on my own for some time. Please, do not contact me for a while."

Oh I got the question wrong. I usually mean that he's being overly clingy and I really need to spend some time on my own without being disturbed by them.

What Guys Said 1

• They want a temporary break