Is it technically racism to not prefer to date a type of race?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this is more of a personal preference or because of conservative parents. I find white guys with hazel eyes, black guys with lighter eyes and Latino guys attractive. But I also like blonde guys. =) (all thin/muscular with possibly some tattoos and medium-long hair) <3 !!

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your reason. If it's because you don't feel physically attracted to them, then no.
    If it's because you think that other race is less than you, then yeah.

What Girls Said 10

• For me it's not even about race, it's about culture. There are only few cultures I would prefer to date in, but I'm down with dating all the races.

• No.. it is your choice. But on here there are people who are butt hurt and will scream racism.

• Not necessarily but it just doesn't make sense to me. It's like they dislike/like the stereotypical image of that race rather than actual members of it. "Oh I wouldn't date any Asians, I don't like their look" they can look different... Everyone looks different, it's not one face that represents the whole race. "Oh I love white women nobody else" you know damn well arabs look basically white as well as some Asians and latinas.

• Not technically. Literally.

• Nope.

• Anything can be construed as racist if you ask the right person.

• Technically yeah technically

Look at the definition of superior and inferior , now look up the definition of racism

• no, you can't help what your attract too.
    All race have something in common (like monolid eyes for Asian, big lips / nose for black people, etc...)
    I'm attracted to Asian people and White people the more because I like the combo Blue eyes / blond eyes and I like monolid eyes that only Asian people have.
    This is not racism this is only preference.

• I dont think so.
    I prefer to only date white guys.
    And I'm Hispanic.

I dont believe preference is racism

• Nope

What Guys Said 15

• If you define "racism," it becomes relatively easy to decide whether something is or is not racist. However, if you want to be able to call conservatives "racist" whenever they say something you don't like, you leave the term undefined and ambiguous so that you at least have some far-fetched colorable claim to being right. (That mini-rant is not directed at you.)

• No, but be careful.

When you look at the data and you spot the correlations between racial preference, economic and social status, and actual racist views; there are a few parallels to behold.

So everyone is going to develop their own preferences, but things get curious when you you delve into why you even developed these preferences in the first place.

• Racism is having a preference (either positive or negative) about something to do with race. Not having a preference is therefore the absolute opposite of racism.

So the answer to this is always going to be 'no' simply because you can't be biased if you're unbiased.

• Sure. Because if you won't date a race that means you think they are inferior and not fit to provide half the DNA for your offspring.

Second, who cares if something is racist or not?

• Nope, just preference. As someone else mentioned, culture is the larger factor for me. All races can be yummy.

• I get it, most of us do it so its acceptable

But at the core, racial preferences are defined differently than preferences in general

• Yeah and its stupidy, if you don't want to date with person cause of his/her ethnicity its childish, dishonestly and stupid.

• Date whoever the fuck you want. If someone calls you racist for not dating them they're a worthless human that hopefully never has kids.

• Depends if it's because you don't feel attracted to them, or just you have some prejudices against them.

• no man, its just a preference.

• No. I don't like Black girls. Not because i'm racist, but because I don't find them attractive.

• Of course not.

• no, it's not.

• id say yesss

• racism means that you look down upon people and feel superior simply based on race.. this has nothing to do with that

Actually racism a lot more complicated than that

@IvoirianGirl20 actually, i got that definition from dictionary. com

either way though, what he described isn't racism.. you dont have to date each and every race