What would you say is crossing the line? I felt like this guy I dated was too feminine for my taste?

- only owns expensive designer brands - has facial products (face mask) and skin care products - obsessed with organic food - loves to shop - watches Gossip Girl and High School Musical - buys from Lululemon female yoga store - wears tight fitted, shorter shorts - cries pretty easily - very clingy - makes a duck face in photos - does his hair in the morning - detoxes with lemon water

Also I am the first girl he had ever been with. He was nice but too inexperienced, in a lot of aspects. Very sheltered as well.

3mo He was also pushing it in the sense of inexperience. Parents gave him everything, brand new BMW crashes it gets a brand new Wrangler jeep. Private high school and has put down public school before. Meanwhile we are both going to the same college now. Thinks his life as a doctor will be the easy life yet still make a shit ton of money.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if you would want to date a girl - you would actually date a girl and not a guy trying to be. Lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's start with his naïveté. Sheltered all his life easy money, rich spoiled kid. Next, he does cross the line regarding femininity. Sounds like very close to his mother, a mama's boy. Next I am in medical school and it is not easy. It requires an enormous amount of work and effort and most of all dedication. It sounds that this guy is dedicated to himself. I highly doubt he has the dedication to become a physician. Next does he have the brains? It is about as easy to get into medical school in the United States as it is to eating a banana without peeling. I would dump this guy

He was very nice, but yes very sheltered and materialistic since he would never buy anything that's not expensive. He has a 3.8 but we don't go to the most difficult school for bio/chem. And he didn't do any extracurriculars/jobs during school last I spoke with him. Only focuses on studying and chilling. Didn't take the MCAT yet. But he's sure he will get in cause he apparently got into one from high school but instead chose to come to my university. But he would have to reapply to that one and anywhere else. And what I meant by thinking it was the easy life, he thinks he can get his own practice at 35-40 and only work 3-4 days a week from 10-3:30

What Guys Said 7

• Facial products are fine, acne is a bigger issue. That said, Im pretty sure he's in the closet, and he should come out already

• Yeah id say that. Dont feel bad for ending it. Plenty of women want a manly man not a girly man lol

• no just likes to take care of himself and it seems he is friendly if u dont like him
    tell him and dont waste his time

• sounds like you prefer men to girly/boys. nothing wrong with that

• is that really feminine?

• What the hell is wrong with men nowadays? Too many "straight" men act faggy.

• I would take him

What Girls Said 13

• I think its better to have a "real man"
    I mean its a nice idea to have a guy who can relate to you. But it doesn't really work like that from a biological point of view.
    A woman is meant to be feminine and a man is meant to be masculine
    They get attracted to each other and the strengths and weaknesses of each side can compliment each other in raising a child.
    So I think its normal for us to desire a true example of the other sex.
    Answer my Question?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2099482-would-you-be-comfortable-attending-your-best-friends-childbirth

• Well I wasn't thinking anything against him at the clothes, skin products, food, shopping, movies/shows, clothes again or even crying things. Those are becoming more normal and skin products can be useful for any sort of problem and clothing is a personal choice. The clingy is a personality and while I have nothing against it, it's not "feminine", it's part of some people, just like being the complete opposite of clingy is part of some people, both genders. Doing hair is part of caring about yourself. And detoxing can just be part of a health regime he's on, which goes with the organic food.

Duck faces though, just look weird for guys, unless it's a one off joking photo.

But it just seems like he's not your guy. Some girls would probably love a guy like that.

• He seemed okay to me up until the "watches Gossip Girl and High School Musical.

Also what the fuck is lululemon? I'm a girl and I haven't even heard of that xD

Good god... I feel men should never wear tight fitting shorts... Too risky haha.

I cry WAAAY too much (especially during "shark week") I cry enough for both my partner and I. No thanks.

I don't mind clinginess (to a point).

Duck face? Boy if you don't-

However the facial products, eating healthy, keeping up with appearance, and such don't seem too bad. It's good to take care of yourself even as a man. I don't see the problem with those things. He mostly seems like a spoiled rich guy who feels invincible. He'll be in for a rude awakening as time passes.

Overall I wouldn't feel too bad, if he's not your type then he's not your type. You can't help that. Better to not be with someone who you aren't attracted to than to lead them on thinking that you two mutually like each other.

• LAWL

I dated a guy a while back who had a bathroom filled with "male beauty" products like expensive shampoo and skin creams. I felt awkward with my total 7 items, next to his 50+...

• to feminine? I think the point is that overall you guys didn't fit. He is the way he is and it's just not someting you are into

• I've had a couple of pretty boys in my time too. Didn't last long with them. I wanted to dress one up in my clothes he was so feminine. I think he probably would have let me too. Maybe I should have kept him around as a Cuck?

wow i had no idea men like that existed.

I always thought it was just a porn thing.

@anonman32 No it's actually a lifestyle. Not the same as BDSM but it is a lifestyle just the same.

• He sounds like he's secretly on the DL, has no clue that he's gay, or he's just extremely metrosexual.

• The lulumelon one is pushing it

What is that anyway?

@BrittBratt2416 I did. He was very upset, but he knew I was unhappy and accepts the fact.

O well there you go, straight but just extremely metrosexual

• when else are you supposed to do your hair?

• Ew lmao I'd leave

• Literally everything from him watching Gossip Girl makes him sound incredibly annoying. There's nothing wrong with taking care of his body. Once you start watching high school musical, making duck faces, and detoxing then I'm instantly turned off.

• Is he straight?

He's gotta be gay

• Hahah Awww 🍑