Do you enjoy texting someone you're into or would you rather call/meet?

Well I like texting but I know some guys hate it and some times I assume they aren't interested in me, especially when they take a week to reply! So do you like texting or is it more of a chore to you?

• I hate it and would rather only do it to arrange to meet.
  • I don't mind it as long as it isn't too frequent (like every day)
  • I will text if the other person is into texting and i like them.
  • I love texting! I would do it every day!

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe we do a lot in the name of love and the feelings we have for another. Therefore, I believe that if a person was texting me and they enjoyed the activity and I'm free, not like if I was at work or a social event where it wasn't acceptable, but barring those examples, then yes I am agreeable to texting someone who enjoyed it as well.

I wouldn't ignore them. Even if I didn't like an action they did but they wanted me to join in on the activity, I still wouldn't just ignore them, because in my view point that's just rude and selfish. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Relationships which are stable and health, generally, are maintained through constant communication and for the most part, compromise on both sides of those involved.

When you refused to compromise, because and especially if it is inconvenient to do so, then typically you're relationship is already doomed to fail, because of your choice to think mainly of yourself instead of balancing your wants and desires with the one you are with.

This has nothing to do with being passive or assertive or not thereof. It is just about being empathetic and compassionate with the one you're with, the one you care about, and the one you love. It all matters. Your feelings and wants matter and so does their's and you should always consider how your actions affects another in the relationship before you do something or NOT do something. That's my bottom line. End of story.

Most Helpful Girl

• I enjoy texting but it's also a nice change to call them to hear the person's voice. Meeting up in person is even better because then we could hang out and laugh instead of just typing lol.

What Guys Said 12

• I'd rather call or meet them and even Skype them.

• Put A but my order is 'IN PERSON' because texting is just stupid.
    Calling isn't too bad, you can still have an active conversation, hear voice tones, or even face time if you want.
    Texting is just meh.

• No text. Either use some form of real human interaction or don't bother. :P

• Both! Texting and meeting

• I'd rather meet or call but I'm fine either way.

• I would rather talk in person face to face over talking or texting but not always possible. If it's going to be a long conversation or something important then rather talk on the phone instead of texting, anything else text.

• I prefer meeting for sex.

• Doesn't matter to me, I can do both just fine.

• Hate talking on the phone. Would rather just text enough to keep in touch and make plans. Definitely not text all day, from my experience that leads to becoming bored or annoyed with each other

• I hate texting.

• i hate texting an would much rather talk on the phone or in person.

What Girls Said 18

• I find repeated texting, constant need for attention, living one's life constantly holding a smart phone, playing games on your telephone, basically escaping reality using a smart phone as an excuse all to be signs of stupidity. I know two people who make a living designing videogames. In fact they have a PhD in computer science with their thesis revolving around the design of video games. All of that is a sign that even in science 16 the lowest level.
    I use my phone to look up facts using specific apps in science and of course to talk to people on the telephone. That's it. A guy who is into his smart phone for use as a text messenger is not a guy I want to date or even be friends with benefits. It's a complete turnoff

• I would rather meet, I'm not a texter type of person

• Even though I'm extremely shy I would prefer meeting.. it's better and you can communicate face to face with one another. I'm not much for texting either..

• My ex was a horrible texter. We barely texted anything throughout the day. But he would always call almost every night and sometimes during the day and that would be our go to. We literally spent hours just on the phone when we were apart haha

• Texting is far more lenient in my opinion. You can wait a few minutes to think of what to say and as its a text you dont have to worry as much about saying the wrong thing or modulating your tone of voice.

• Went with C because that's what I do now, but I much prefer real life contact.

• texting suckz

• I would text if I like them/into them

• i like texting

• I prefer texting because I have more time to think of good responses. I get tend to get awkward around people I like so I prefer playing safe and texting.

• It's more of chore.
    I'd rather talk on the phone or meet in person.

• It's boring

• I enjoy texting. It's private ,,(no one can eavesdrop) , allows you to think before you respond, keeps the atmosphere mysterious and it's cute :)

• I like communication. Face to face is best, but sometimes a text is good enough for me.

• Would rather meet up in person, or if we couldn't meet up then Skype or something.

• I think texting is juvenile

• I enjoy texting them but after a while it gets really annoying if they don't want to do anything in person. I like spending time in person better. It would be nice to talk about things in person rather than text.

• I hate texting and so does my boyfriend. When we first started talking it was difficult because we didn't text a lot, but I started calling instead and arranging plans for later that evening. Here we are a year later living together and talking about marriage. Best of luck.