I've been rejected by every single guy I've ever liked?

I'm 16 now but this is literally all my life so far (since 1st grade). Does this mean I'm loser? Why am I always rejected? :/ are couples in a secret society and only certain people can get in? How do people even date? How does that work. Its impossible.

Most Helpful Guy

• Up to now it doesn't really count. And really, you got a few more years before it even start to make sense.
    First thing is they aren't rejecting YOU, they're rejecting their concept of what you are to them. At this age the boys are absolutely clueless. In other words, it's not you, it's them.
    Do your best and pursue the things and activities you are good and enjoy. Make something of yourself, create value as an individual. Over time someone will come along that you'll actually want to share some time and some of your life with. In the mean time, you have more important work to do. Like grades, and getting into college.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you sure you're going for guys who you think might have a thing for you as well? Or are you one of those girls who crush on guys for some time and have little to no interaction with them yet still ask them out? More so often especially at your age girls come across as desperate if they ask the guy and keep making all the moves (what my guy friends have told me about this issue).
    Personally I never ever ask a guy out myself because I wanna put myself out there as being the one desired by someone rather than it being me chasing and going after someone. As a female it's good to take advantage of this privilege (while we still have it lol). Whenever I attempt or make moves on a guy myself it never works out the way I want it to.

Lastly don't make dating a big priority to you. The more I cared about getting a guy the less guys were going for me. The less I cared about it and had fun with my friends and doing things I enjoyed the more they approach me and want to get to know me. It's kind of a strange thing really, many people are attracted to people who don't really care so much about dating (or at least make it look like that way).
    I'm not saying guys will come flocking to you when you don't care but you will live more happily if you stop caring so much about it. And guys are just attracted to happy girls. And another good tip is to make yourself look a bit more presentable which can go a long way tbh.

What Guys Said 29

• It's not impossible. Sooner or later u'll get into a relationship. You can say that you've been unlucky. You are just 16 so be patient. It's better to be in a relationship with a good person than take some desperate decision.
    Have you ever rejected anyone ever? If you have then you should be able to understand a little bit reasoning behind it. There could be many reasons why any particular person would reject anybody. It doesn't mean that you are a loser or less than other people.

• how do people date? 70% of the time or more: alcohol lol

also you can't count ANY experiences with guys until like mid high school-boys are idiots.

here's an example: In 3rd grade at a birthday party i was stuck in a closet to make out with a girl in my class (who liked me of course-the girls set this up). I was so terrified, I horribly insulted this girl in the closet instead of kissing her. I was MAJORLY attracted to her and have always felt bad for this. don't take rejection too seriously - even in high school. boys are so worried about their image too, they can be quite mean in rejecting a girl they even secretly like-simply bowing to peer pressure. like yourself-then most boys will like you-if there's a real secret, that IS it.

• You are only 16. Relax.
    From a male point of view: welcome to our world. :-)
    Because it is the social convention that males are expected to make the approach, we have to deal with rejection and disappointment that I believe would destroy women if the roles were reversed.
    Before I gave up on the project and went MGTOW, my rejection rate was at least 99 out of 100.
    If you want to be approached by males, you have to make yourself approachable. First, you need to catch their eye. You need to be well groomed, dress well and carry yourself well. You need to not have a resting bitch face. You need to learn how to flirt with your eyes in a way that tells the boys that you want them to approach you. I believe that you can find videos about all of the above if you trawl YouTube.

• Just focus on your school work and self development. By the time you're 25 you'll be so far ahead of everyone else your age.

• Maybe you should wait and chill for a while

• Yeah, I don't know about you, but that's basically how it is for most men in the world. I personally get rejected far, far more often than not. Basically, from Kindergarten to the present, I've been rejected pretty much every time (except for a time in 9th grade when I "dated" a girl for about a month-and-a-half).

It could be for any number of reasons. You might be fat, you might not take care of yourself, you might be depressing, etc. Maybe your social skills suck for all I know (mine did for a long time). I really can't say unless I know more about you.

• From 13 to 16 ... it's not a lot : )
    Seems you still have hope : )

• you're Young and you're a girl. give it time and this will change for sure. if you'd have been a male... im not saying this to be an asshole to you, but being a male is harder. we can't be flirty unless we're really good looking. but if you're a woman even if you're average looking and flirty doors will open to you. that's life

• Probebly your bmi is too high. Workout some more.

• You have plenty of time. Try not to worry about this too much. It will get better and you will have a boyfriend pretty soon.

• 16 is very young to decide that you have failed - Maybe you haven't met right guy just yet.

• Have you asked them and they said no or they just haven't asked you?

• Find someone guaranteed to like you if you're feeling desperate. Wait until someone else asks you out if you're not, even I know there's plenty of time ahead.

• Only 16? Some people get rejected way longer than that, especially guys.

Girls have things easier tbh, not that hard to find a guy just be a little less picky and in the mean time working on imrpoving yourself it will happen.

Another suggestion would be just to be more friendly/smile, talk with guys you are interested in

• Stop just going for the popular good looking guys. Problem solved.

I don't?

Sure you don't. I don't believe that its the ugly nerdy losers who have zero women interested in them that are rejecting you. Plenty of high school aged males don't even get to talk to females, I highly doubt they'd reject anyone.

19MK34 has a very solid point here. Go after guys a little less popular and see your odds increase. Doesn't have to look and act like your favorite movie star or be the buff 6'3 guy on the football team.

• Hey... don't be so hard on yourself. At your age i had no girlfriend either... sometimes these things take time. Give yourself some breathing space

• How many people have rejected you?

• Tell me as soon as u find out. Guys your age tend to not know what they want and relationships are just 1 thing

• You'll realise when you're older that it's much easier to get into the dating scene than in high school. Don't worry things will change! Or just say fuck it and get a dog. Either one :).

• You are 16. I didn't get a girlfriend till 19. Don't worry at all. School is a lot different to the real world

• You're probably trying to date out of your league

• ill answer your questions in order of which you asked
    1. yes
    2. you dont know the password
    3. yes you need the password to get in
    4. through the css
    5. its possible if you know the password to css

• The problems of a 16 year old.

• Welcome to the guys world, what would you like to drink?

• Keep going girl you will find the one for you

• Are you picky?

• You have lots of time

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• No. It means you have poor taste in the guys your interested in and you keep going after guys who is not even attracted to you. You need to be looking at the ones who show interest in you. Pursue those who wants to be pursued by you. Look for body language. Talk and mingle a bit more. Overall, you don't need to be concerned about that. The more you look and sound desperate, the more guys are not going to be interested no matter how pretty or beautiful you look to them. Nobody wants a person who thinks so unhealthy.

Other than that, I believe that you just need to wait until after high school to be thinking about a boyfriend. Because already your heaping up regrets and baggage from hurt because of the rejection. Don't give up. But you will know when is the right time. Right now you ned a break for yourself. Don't go around looking. They see that, they won't pursue you. And it becomes a turn off. You have to give them other reasons why they should pay attention to you. Things won't just come to you because you ask for it. You have to be intensional with those pursuits.

• I am 20 years old, I've felt the same way, and still do but i've realized a lot about myself and at this stage since you're only 16 you got plenty of time to find the guy, and don't worry you will find that guy, it may not be now it could be in a few years from now. Don't just get into a relationship because everyone else is in a relationship. Focus on you right now, and later focus on a guy. Right now school is important not a guy, once you are settled in life you will meet your guy. You just never know when you will. Don't force things that aren't there. Live your life and one day as I said he will come. I've never been in a relationship and I am 20, so don't stress over it. :)

• You're NOT a loser. Most guys don't even start to "like" us till teens anyway so I wouldn't dwell too much all the way back to first grade. I wouldn't worry to much about it you are so young. But just try to be nice to everyone, be outgoing and involved with as many groups (sports, clubs, etc) to be around as many people ass possible. It'll happen for you. There may even be a guy right now who likes you but is too shy to do anything about it.

• People get like 80 these days. Your life's just begun, you're not a loser, just keep looking

• Were you given reasons?

• Keep calm, you're only 16, wait till you're out of high school.
    It will happen.

• You're only sixteen. Stop looking for love and it will come to you when you least expect it. You're not a loser, you're just young. The right guy will come along who likes you.

• Wear some slutty clothing

• 2|0