Girls, how many of you have turned down a guy using one of these responses?

Taken from @JSmuve's mytake, have you girls given a guy any or some of these replies when a guy is interested in you?

1. I wish I could find a guy just like you.
2. It's not you, it's me.
3. I'm just not looking for a relationship right now.
4. You'll find someone, don't worry.
5. We can always be friends.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating/a30556-what-did-they-mean-translating-5-common-rejections

Most Helpful Girl

• never, I usually say sorry I'm just not into you

Have guys ever reacted badly when you tell them the truth?

exactly. why don't other girls realize this?

well as you see even my girl friends think I'm cruel, one even put me down for it and I hada fight w her about it... and than the same day she felt bad for her male friend that was dragged on by a girl -.-''
      anyway I think it's cause most people don't know what they want and can keep you as back up or are just unsure, some like the attention and some don't wanna hurt the guy so they try to be nice and also avoid any conflict

Most Helpful Guy

• I get 3 (I'm just not looking for a relationship right now.) the most often, but the one most soul-burning and irritating is 5 (we can always be friends).

Nope. I refuse to let her use me as a person in her life, while keeping the "romantic" slot open for someone else.

If i'm such an awesome person to have in her life, it will be romantic/sexual, or she doesn't get to have my influence in her life at all.

She has the power of choice, and there's a burden to that she has to bear.

What Girls Said 43

• I've used similar lines between 3 and 4, and one line I NEVER use or even think to is 5, becuase I feel that if I do, not only would this probably insult them, since they'll settle for something other than what they want (and since guys typically are known to hate it), but I don't want to give the false idea that we could become something more than friends later.

As far as 3, that's pretty much the truth; I'm just not interested in dating anyone, and it's been that way for so many years. I can't remember when I've used 4, but I know I have at least once, especially toward guys who really were very charming and attractive, but again, I wasn't in the mood for a date.

number 4 is really bad. i hate hearing that and if we were friends that would pretty much destroy the friendship if she fed me that line

• 3.. sometimes
    and 4 soooooooooooooooooo many times.. and it's kinda true.. I don't use 5th one because i don't keep friends like that.. and if I do then it won't be to keep him off my back I would real mean it..
    and there are wayyyy more.. like
    ''you're too young''
    '' you just fucking saw me you can't fall in love like that!!!"
    ''I am not getting married anytime soon and to you.. never... so please stop proposing''
    ''YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND !!! ""

• I've used the third one. Funny enough, the guy who I told that I wasn't looking for or interested in a relationship at the time is my current boyfriend.

• Hmm, I guess 5? He really was my best friend though, I did want to be friends and I was upset that our friendship had been damaged.

well why didn't you want to make it more than friends?

He asked me out when I was 12 :P I really had no interest in getting into a relationship when I still basically saw myself as a child. Besides, as much as I was able to spend like 9 hours with him five days a week for about 6 years, I think that he'd have driven me mad as a boyfriend. It just wouldn't have worked out, we weren't really compatible in that way and I still see him around and stuff and yeah, if we met each other for the very first time tomorrow, we would hate each other, we don't have anything in common anymore.

• 5 after telling them bluntly that I'm not into THEM like that, so please don't hang around hoping friendship will change my mind. If they can't handle " just friends", hey I get it.

• 3 and also another one which I say often "there's nothing wrong with you, I'm just attracted/really into someone else right now"

• I've given versions of #2, #3, and a few times #4. I think his take is pretty spot on for all the translations though lol.

So why do you use them if you know and guys know they are bullshit?

how is it harsh? honestly i would react harsher if a girl used one of those lies than the actual truth to me. i would respect a woman who just levels with me.

Well, not every guy is you (some people have very negative reactions to that sort of thing). If that kind of blunt, harsh honesty works for you, then great, but it's just not the way I handle things, and it's served me well so far.

• 2|0

• 3 is the one I used. Why? I was not actively looking to find a boyfriend. I was doing my own thing. Followed by a 4 (if you're able to find someone that can give you a relationship.. Makes sense right)

• I never rejected a guy like that.

• The only one I have used is #3 and it was true every time I said it.

if it was the perfect guy at the time... i mean perfect for you in every way, would you really turn him down?

Makes perfect sense, RJ. I get u now. :)

@Prof_Don Thank you my friend.

• I haven't used any, I let them no upfront I'm not interested. No point leading them on that's even crueler in my opinion.

• No, I just tell them. Sorry but the feeling is not mutual. I'm very blunt, but at least I'm straight to the point and don't make excuses.

Face to face, nah they kind of take it well. But I bet they're cursing me as soon as I turn my back. Lol.
      On the computer, the last one kept begging me to go out with him.

• None of these. I try to be honest and tell them I just don't feel the same way.

Yes, but no one likes to be shot down. I try not to take it too personally. And any guy that flies off the handle and calls me a "slut" or a "dyke" isn't one that I would have wanted to date anyways.

• I think I've said #5.
    Why would a girl say #1 to a guy who's interested in her?

• I haven't one across a guy that eve says those lines... and if I did. I'll turn around and walk away.

• Uh, I don't think so.

• None.

I am currently with the only guy to ever ask me out.

Almost been a year actually.

• Can't say I've used any of those...

If I'm not interested, I simply say I'm not interested.

you never got sad or really hurt by it? or has any guy turned you down harshly before?

Sad? Yeah. Hurt? Yeah. But what I've never done is get angry about it or tell him or other people he's a dick for not liking me.

I haven't had a guy reject me harshly when I've first approached, but I have had guys lead me on and then basically tell me to fuck off after they've slept with me. I'd say that's a lot more hurtful / mean than someone saying "no, you're ugly!" Or whatever when you first ask them for their number

• Only number 3 and I meant it. I was focusing on college, not boys.

Out of curiousity, what was the time elapsed between you making that statement and the next time you hooked up with a guy?

You felt like you had no ability to make time for both?

@Little-Hippie Ability? More like having time, resource, transportation and money hurdles all at once. I just didn't have time to care about it. Not like I was a lonely loner or anything I had lots of girlfriends in the same situation. Only three of them had boyfriends whom they carried over from high school.

• Haven't used those.

• Haven't been in the position to use any of them.

• I've used #5. DON'T EVER freakin DO THAT.

• I use #3 a lot but it's honestly the truth on why I'm single.

I don't know... I mean their is one guy that is close to being perfect for me. We aren't together for various reasons but the main one is not being ready for a relationship!

• I used 5

• Ummm I have 🙋

• A couple of them

so why use them if we all know they are bullshit?

#5 is the worst one... ergghhh

Well it's happened to me too with my crushes in the past. But for some weird reason, I'd actually prefer staying friends after that.

• I don't think I have. :P

• I use #3 most of the time or "I don‘t deserve you." bahahahaha

Oh my god, the "I don't deserve you" line killlllls me. lol

Like of all the things to say, why that? lol

Uhhh maybe they would think the worst of me if i said i dont deserve you? lollll like damn what does that mean? she probably has STDs.

• I've used #3.

• More from Girls
    13

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think any of those responses work. cut the bullshit and just tell the guy you have cancer. Hell schmell, that's years down the road anyways.

• it doesn't really matter what they say, if its rejection its rejection. it does not matter what way it happens its always just rejection. there are no words to make it better, its just rejection there's nothing to it.

• I'm not a girl but I've used 2 and 3. Usually I just say I'm too busy tho.

• I love #5 the most as a cliche excuse

• Yep. Heard pretty much all of these. 😂

• i got 1 and 5 from girls mostly xD

• I've been denied with all of those lol

• There all annoying. Especially 4.