Have you ever rejected someone that you had a crush on?

Maybe it was because the person was a ex of a friend or family member.

Or it was because you knew it woudnt work out with the person.

Or anything else?

• Yes
  • No
3mo Just to add.

I rejected a girl I had a massive crush on because she was my colleague and she asked me out at work. I may have accepted had she not advertised it.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 49

• I said I haven't but I am in a situation right now currently where it seems that me and a guy friend of mine who I have only been friends with for years have both developed a crush on each other. But, he is way younger than me and although we currently have a similar lifestyle I am trying to begin my career and ready to settle down into adult life and I am too old to date for fun knowing it wouldn't work. So, if it came down to it and he brought it up I would turn him down although I completely adore him. :(

• Yes, because at the time I wasn't ready for a relationship. I was still dealing with hurt from the past , so I knew it would be unfair to give my heart to another guy when I was still picking up the pieces of my own. Neither of us would have been happy. It was a case of wrong timing

• Yes. At that point we were both at different levels of success and I felt like I wanted to wait until I could give him an even better version of me, with more time to dedicate to being with him.

Same here. What ended up happening?

@popsickle I'm gonna guess that they lost interest with time.

The interest is still very much alive, but we haven't seen each other for a while since we both travel a lot for work. We're due for a meet up though, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

• Yes the most two common reasons were because they dated my friends already or because they wanted sex and that wasn't happening.

• Im not much for relationships. Not traditional at least. But I still notice guys. Still will get crushes on them. And for one reason or another it's better that it doesn't go any further than that so I reject them.

• Oh yes. I used to do that all the time. I guess I was shy and nervous and just didn't want to date anyone. I'm glad the last one I rejected kept trying to ask me out, because eventually I accepted and now we're together. :P

• I haven't rejected someone that also liked me, but there have been many times when I've been attracted to someone and then gotten to know them and completely lost interest from the person they are.

• He was asking me out and had a girl friend and a kid with his girl friend. Had to say no.

Your kind.

A guy like that requires two words. Second one being off

• Yes.. it's weird actually, guys that did like me were the ones I didn't like cause I usually liked someone who didn't like me. But that doesn't happen very often, men normally don't like me very often or have crushes on me either.. only happens when the moon turns blue haha

• Twice lol T_T

Lol why did you reject them?

Ah I see

Thrice lol T_T

• He's my best friend and even though I felt the same way I was afraid of ruining the friendship. Same old same old.

• Yeah, he had a girlfriend :/ so regardless of how much I liked him, I rejected him.

Respect 👏🏻

I don't think it should be for morals but for yourself. If he's asking someone out while he has a girlfriend, how do you know he won't do the same to you? Once he finds someone else hell just throw you away.

Well yes, of course, and it's unfair to myself and his girlfriend.

• Yes. Guy I had a crush on for a year. I eventually moved on because he was dating. He came back to me, telling me he loved me. It was too late.

• Yes because he had too much baggage (mentally) and it was only physical from my side.

• Yes. I found him attractive but I couldn't talk about anything with him cause he was so dim-witted and dense

• YES...

• Didn't feel good enough for him

• No.
    No one who I was attracted to, ever was interested in me back. (before my current bf) lol

• Yes, because they were taken. But that's okay because I have someone better. :)

• Nope, he got my attention which he wanted. But I lost interest because he took forever to act on it.

Woops misread the question. No I haven't. . . they rejected me.

• Yes, because mom didn't like the guy, and I didn't like the idea of breaking her trust.

• I had a crush once and he asked me out, but then I was so overwhelmed that I ended up saying nothing. Oh. Oops.

Lol that kinda happened to me. The girl seemed hurt.

Poor kid.

Nothing ever really happened after that, he didn't really seem hurt but maybe he was. Kinda regret that now although I'm completely over him :D but it isn't the end of the world

Lol trust me, we don't show we are hurt because we are proud.

As soon as we find somewhere private we just cry. He was hurt. But yeah, no ones worth more than you.

• Yeah, he was a pretty shitty person but I overlooked it many a time because I was so enamored with the good qualities that he presented to me.

• I rejected him cause I got into a relationship with my ex... basically my high morals fucked me up...

• About 14 times a day.

• Tf a family member? Wtf

No.

• Once i liked a guy and wanted to get to know him better so tried talking to his friend about it, turns out his friend liked me. Awkward! I just told him sorry but i liked the other guy

• Yeah because he was too young

• Nope I don't get how people do that, one of my friends did that in high school

• Yeap

• More from Girls
    19

What Guys Said 22

• Had a super gorgeous friend that I always found attractive. But I was in a relationship at the time. When I became single many years later, we stayed friends but kept being flirty. Although she was gorgeous, she was often moody and I found I could only spend a few hours at a time with her before I got annoyed. So I knew a relationship would never work out.

On Christmas Day, her boyfriend broke up with her and she called me crying. I left my family Christmas to pick her up and spend some time with her. We ended up drinking tons that night and she was on the rebound. Ended up at my place and in my bed and she was all over me and taking her clothes off. Somehow with all that alcohol, I still managed to think straight and made a BS story that I didn't want to take advantage of her like that. So I drove her home, which was 30 mins away, piss drunk as hell. But drove super slow.

She could have slept over since we had drank so much, but I was pretty sure if she did, we'd have had sex. She spent the next 2 weeks putting on the sexual pressure on me, but never gave in.

Still curious to this day how great the sex would have been with someone so hot.

• Well, I have never had a crush on anyone so I have never rejected anyone either.

• I'm not into the whole disordered "push-pull" thing many women do... or "indecisiveness". I've had at least a few crushes... then I get them, after a week or two they push me away-and then try to COME BACK and I don't play that shit. If they push me away, I'm gone. So ya, in those cases I've rejected former crushes at least a few times, but I was previously involved with them in such cases.

• Actually this is my default reaction... But sometimes some girl still find way to make me drop that... Last time girl hard time just to find my name i see in her eyes that she likes me i find her attractive and still i didn't even want to introduce my self even tough that she saw me almost every day for atlast 30 min... Now she know name and talks with me but still i didn't do any thing about that and dont intend to... Why well I just losed all faith in girls so i dont believe that it can work, that any relationship can work... But yes girl is almost exectly my type especially by character and she is gorgeous, and i know she likes me by the way how she looks at me and cos no girl would go trough some of things she did just to find even little about me

• I've had at least 5 girls from high school either ask me out or have their friends ask me out for them
    One was very persistent and pretty much asked me out every year
    One turned out to be a hottie
    Two of them were softball players who I guessed were lesbians
    And I don't know what happened to the other

I was not attracted to any of them

• Hell yes, I dumped 2 of my girlfriends because i knew them when they chose to date other douche bags over me. Finally after their break ups, they try to tell me I'm the best thing ever and I should had chosen you first blah, blah, blah. Well karma is bitch. I used them for sex, treated them like shit, and dumped their used pussies. They should have chosen me first

• I've only really had two full-on "crushes" — first one I never asked because I knew it'd never lead to anything (and I've started to dislike them for unrelated reasons since), second one was returned. So no.

Misinterpreted the question. Shit. I read "been rejected by". Sorry.
      My answer is still no, though. Never have.

• No, life

• That's an oxymoron

Çıma, ez fehm ne kır?

Quite often based on the above poll.

I've done it before aswell

Can't always trust the polls lol and the people who do its probably cause they did something that was really a red flag.

• Why the hell would I?

• you try and move on.. it sucks

• I have not rejected women I liked, but I refrained from pursuing them if I didn't think it would work out.

• Out of principle, a woman at work. That's just not good business.

• yeah because i was playing csgo so much at the time that I wouldn't be able to talk to her and that would probably make her sad
    now it's gotten to the point where I play csgo so much I don't talk to people

• two times, but those girls were total sluts so i had little to no respect for their feelings

• yes :(

• I'm not wasting time

• Yes, her personality was disgusting lol

• 3 times because I am gay

• yes because she wanted to cheat on her boyfriend with me

The fact that you considered it...

@Daynada What do you mean, I didn't know her except that she considered cheating?

Whatever you say

• Accidentally walked out on sexytime with two girls. Couldn't actually have sex with a third one. The third one was a real lucky break though, she ended up being batshit crazy.

• id say nope