Kill yourself? I don't understand why?

Ok! Soo by the title i really need serious help with this my boyfriend! He always say when we argue that he is useless and should just go kill his self, i had another ex boyfriend that said the same. Why do they say that? Is it to make you feel bad? Or are they serious? Or are they crazy? Or what? I really need an answer to this question because it creeps me out when it comes up. Like do they have low self-esteem or something? Or just don't want to loose you? Thank you ahead of time!

Most Helpful Guy

• NEXT NEXT NEXT
    Why do you want to deal with this? Seriously, it's time to move on, you really don't want this for the rest of your life. You have a very sick and manipulative individual. Get away. Now. As fast as you can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Low self esteem and just you going for the wrong guys. Its quite common to keep going to similar people (despite them being bad) so it happening more than once isn't really so much out of the ordinary.

What Guys Said 8

• This is nothing but a manipulative controlling tactic. You are not responsible for another person's actions. Your response is "stop talking about it and get after it. I'm still breaking up with you and I won't she'd a tear or attend your funeral." What do you think of these controlling assholes now?

• There are many factors here, and no one knows why suicide is increasing in men and boys. But one theory is that idea of the "disposable male" that men have come to the understanding that they just don't count, that society is stacked against them, and that there is no room for them today. This is fed by government sponsored programs such as "don't be that guy" etc. a lack of general sympathy towards men and boys and the concept that guys are inherently dangerous (remember when you were warned that 30% of all men will rape you if given a chance, pure propaganda)

• It's a power play. You seem to like dating guys who are manipulative! Now, they may be depressed and considering it, but that's absolutely no reason for you to stick around or cave to them- that only makes it worse. Tell them that if they're suicidal, they need to get help.

Experience: an ex said she was scared to break up with me because "I might do something crazy". The real issue was personal problems that had nothing to do with her, but I let her think it was her. We lasted another awful year before I ended it myself.

• He is insecure about you. Here is my take on this... he is simply using that argument because when you two argue it is usually too much for him to take in. This is known as defensive narcissism... it usually means that he is quite lost lol... he either needs a helping hand or you to go away... pick one or the other.

• Tell him to not kill himself. Trust me, I did and still regret The decision.

• Tell him he is right, so it could soon realise how stupid it sounds!

• It's a trend right now to joke about it

• Controlling tactic

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say it's a combination of low self esteem and emotional manipulation.

• If they really wanted to kill themselves they would. They are just saying that to get to you, I hope I'm not sounding too cold but unless you see some serious changes in his behavior you shouldn't be worried. And don't let that "I'm gonna kill myself" control your decisions.

• clearly trying to manipulate you or want attention.
    how i would handle it:
    "Im useless and should just go kill myself"
    "oh is that right?" *reaches into pocket pulls out pocket knife, puts it on the table*
    "ok than do it... go ahead dont be shy... no? thats what i thought"
    *takes knife back*
    than dump him. sorry but i ain't got room for manipulative pussies in my life.