Guys, Why do guys with girlfriends flirt with me?

So there are two guys that I work with, that flirt with me. One time one even caressed my hand (it was weird and really out of the blue, but thats a whole other story). The other checks me out and asks if I am ok (like after we hang out or do something). But both of them have girl friends. I didn't know before, but now that I do I find it kind of weird.

So, Why do guys do that?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly don't know. I'm you in reverse: the women with boyfriends seem to be the ones who really go after me, not the single ladies.

I guess a lot of it comes down to the thrill of cheating and trying to get away with it. I don't know how you're behaving around these guys, but make certain that nothing you're doing could (reasonably) be taken as flirting.

Thanks! Just a curiosity question when people do this kind of stuff do you think that they are genuinely interested? I just don't understand why they would take the time to do that if they don't find the person remotely attractive, you know what I mean? (I don't intend on pursuing a relationship with either of these people. I don't appreciate the fact that they would flirt with someone while being in a relationship. But the question still lingers lol)

Glad I could be of assistance. :-)

Thanks for MHO. :-)

What Guys Said 19

• Sounds to me that they want too cheat on their GF's. You are very young. You will learn that there are a ton of boys and men (girls and women too) who cheat on their SO's. Tell them to keep their hands off you.

• they probably think flirting is a harmless way to get attention and interact with a woman.

• Well it's very difficult to gage. Your insight is probably the only way to determine the correct reason or reasons. It could be that you are better looking or just more compatible with either of them than their current partner. Or it could be something so vulgar like they think you are someone that would be with one of them in spite of them being in a relationship. They could just be womanizers and do this to multiple women. Only you have all the collective facts and experiences needed in this context with these two particular gentlemen to determine an educated guess... Or you could straight up ask them- hey I know you have a girlfriend, so why do you still flirt with me? Although I doubt you would get an honest answer.

Yeah, it is a case by case thing. But, I thought maybe there was a common theme, or reason?

• the same reason why girls with boyfriends try and get me to approach them. One thing is for sure, me being a guy does not make me flirt with someone who has a partner. there are just a lot of skanky people for both genders who really do no care about breaking a relationship up.

• They probably aren't loyal to their lovers, like an extremely large majority of the world's males. It is really sad actually, well from my point of view. I would never do that, even if I didn't have a girl friend. Plus, it's pretty disrespectful towards you.

• Probably because they see you as someone they can harmlessly flirt with. I mean, if their not doing it to anyone else, probably. But it could also mean that you have a slutty reputation and they think they can get with you and you'll keep it on the DL

• They like attention, just like the women that have boyfriends do.

So basically they aren't interested in me at all, its just that they like attention?

• Having a girlfriend or boyfriend doesn't magically stop one's attraction to others. There's a difference between flirting and pursuing.

• Because they are pigs. Why else?

• Because they want to fuck you too? To guys gf's are a necessary evil, if we could get laid without commitment we would.

• Because they would do you if you let them or wanted to. They are always testing the waters.
    Girls do it too, they're just more sneaky about it.

• A lot of guys make me confused as well, if you're happily in a relationship but still flirt with other girls then just why? If you're unhappy then why don't you just break up. Stupidity if you ask me.

• maybe your hotter and or have a better personality then there girlfriend..

or you have a really naughty reputation? lol

• stop giving them hints that you're interested

what do you mean? like they are flirting because they think I'm interested?

• because guys interest in girls

• cos they're deep down assholes

• They're exploring the market.

• Some of the reasons I seen:
    just for fun
    some don't notice that they are flirting or don't consider it as flirting
    for egoboost/to know they are still somethig worth on the girl market
    for fun/test the market and if it fits, have a ONS or switch against the old girlfriend

• they're either attention starved
    or
    in unhappy relationships, and think it's ok to cheat