I NEED GUYS HELP! My boyfriend rarely compliments my looks, does he not find me attractive enough?

I've been in a long-distance relationship for over 6 months now... I send my boyfriend pictures of me pretty often and I'd also send him some snaps every few days but his reactions are mostly very cold and he'd only reply with a few words... and sometimes he'd only use emojis.
Although I get lots of compliments from people telling me how gorgeous I look, even strangers would compliment me a lot. but deep down I tend to be very insecure about my outer appearance and my self-esteem is quite shitty tbh.
Is it normal for some guys to not get the urge to compliment their girlfriends and still find them attractive? i really need guys opinions on this!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the problem is more your insecurity. If you need your boyfriend to shower you with compliments or sentiments of love to feel validated, it tends to overlook the very obvious: he's with you so he wants you and he's attracted to you.

>> Is it normal for some guys to not get the urge to compliment their girlfriends and still find them attractive?

I'm one of those. I'll definitely throw in a compliment here and there, maybe once a month or two, but not repetitively. To me romantic gestures and compliments are something I save up my sleeve. I don't perform these routinely primarily to avoid making them a routine. To do so, in my mind, strips away their power and can start becoming meaningless actions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Compliments are cheap if said often.
    I actually really appreciate my partner for saving them for special occasions or on lazy sundays when I am looking natural.
    He isn't the type to comment via text or social media either but I guess its harder for you since its long distance.

So my advice would be to happily explain to him that you love hearing him tell you things instead of emojis. You like vocal appreciation. Not everyone does so let him know.
    You are completely allowed to have this expectation just like a man might expect blow-jobs. Sometimes you do things for your partner just to make them happy but you got to tell them first!

What Guys Said 5

• I think you are insecure that's all... You can't expect constant compliments...
    Instead of that try to solve your insecurity

• Don't know his situation, but I'd definitely consider it normal a guy doesn't compliment you much after a while (it's in a way silly to repeat the same phrases - if you know he things you are good looking/pretty/etc).
    If he is cold overall - may be a different story - but lack of compliments in itself - I'd think no big deal.

• What @ak666 said.

Your insecurity is the problem. If I am with a girl I barely ever compliment her looks, because they are not the reason why I am with her.

• Do you even compliment him? I doubt it.

you've no idea!!! i do!! alot!!! every single day i try to express to him in so many different ways how much i think he's amazing in and out :(
      and i'm very genuine about it as well.

• Probably not. a lot of guys are unable to attract pretty girls therefore it's either go for less attractive girls or stay single.

What Girls Said 3

• That's weird, by boyfriend calls me beautiful every single day. Sometimes it upsets him how 'pretty' I am even though I don't see it 😑😂 Why don't you ask him something like 'are you attracted to me' or 'I am adequate to you'. Sometimes guys are just shy.

• That's weird. Maybe he doesn't know what to say or how to say.

• Well here's a girl opinion. Even if I really like someone I'm not very good at giving compliments but deep inside I really like the person even if I don't express it in words