Should I stop talking to this 50 year old man?

I'm 20 years old and I've been chatting to a 50 year old man online. He tells me that he can't offer me a relationship but he can offer me friendship. He says he can be a friend or fun or whatever I want him to be. He has offered me lots of advice about my life and at one point I sent him a link to a YouTube video of me and when i was drunk one night I sent him a nude and he texts me saying he still looks at both of them. The other day he invited me to stay with him one weekend at his caravan to have 'some space away from things' and he said I could bring a friend but not a guy friend otherwise he would be jealous.

I said to him 'it seems like you have an ulterior motive' and he said he didn't and that he would drive me places and would offer friendship and support'

Why did he offer for me to stay with him one weekend in his caravan? Should I stop communicating with this guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an old saying that goes, the body of a man my get old and change, but the mind will always pretend it is young. In short, just because a guy is in his fifties, doesn't mean he isn't interested in a 20 year old girl. The first red flag of your story was when he said he can't offer you a relationship, just a friendship. This is guy code for: let me build an emotional attachment to you so I have a shot at: sex, fun, relationship, or sex. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of guys that do want to legitimately want to get to know you, but there isn't anything wrong with being attracted to someone. I picked your question because I relate to this from my own family. One of my second cousins, who had just turned 18, married a guy who was in his late forties. When they met he was very forward with his feelings, that he wanted a relationship. No games, no internet fake relationships, no deceptions. Reading your story, I can only conclude that he's an older guy interested in a young girl. More to the point that I want to point out, you took the time to put this question up because you feel like something is up. And it is. So if you're interested in having sex with this guy with no attachment from him, then keep talking to him because that's what is his end goal is. Offering to meet with you, spend the night, even with a friend, is all geared to getting what he wants: you. More specifically, having sex with you. If you like chatting with him, go ahead, but you need to remember to protect yourself and learn to say no even if it seems like its coming from a place of trust and respect.

Most Helpful Girl

• It it not a matter of age. If you met him in off-line, somewhere like bookstore or library, you can be his good friend. But I've never seen a guy who tries to find out 'A girl who is just a friend' on chatting. Obviously, he is approaching you with sexual desire.

What Guys Said 10

• yup. it's better to have friends from your own age group.

• Sounds like he may be married or something !!

• You know the answer already, that's why you're asking this question.

But Jesus Christ whats wrong with young adults nowadays.

• maybe he is married but stay away of these kind of old people.

• Obviously you like old men. Ditch him and find a 69 year old man. Might be to old to trick you into anything or too old to even walk with you to a caravan so thats probably better

• Never talk to this man ever again

• Hi he definitely trying to set you up so he can have sex with you one time ! Is this something you might possibly want also?

• Being in this age group, I can tell you I wouldn't be in that situation. Kinda creeps me out. Be careful, or better yet, break it off.

• Go fuck this guy. You obviously want to. Why the fuck would you talk to a guy who is old enough to be your father? What is wrong with women these days?

• Let's put it this way, I'm sure if you offered to give him an HJ or BJ (or FJ, lol) he wouldn't say "no, it's not that sort of friendship."

What Girls Said 8

• Uh this is questionable as fuck. Obviously yes not going to admit to having an ulterior motive. Be smart.

• I would stop talking with him. Talking to a 50 yo while you're 20 sounds wrong. I don't know. He likes them young I think.

Opinion owner. What about all those women your age that find and talk to us?

Opinion owner. Congratulations about marriage plans. My self also next year. We both have a lot to look forward too. Great way live your life rather than all this we witness today. Wish you all my best for the two of you. 😊

@Djaaaaaay Thank you so much. And I wish you all the same :)

• Dear God leave this man alone. He's probably married.
    Why are you sending a man naked pictures of yourself... regardless of his age? Where's your self respect honey? SMH

• That is disgusting. Do you really think you're the only young chic he's talking to? You should probably listen to your gut - this guy likely does have an ulterior motive. And besides, even if you did go have sex with him, with that kind of behaviour he probably sleeps around a lot and has an STI. Just something to think about.

• Stop talking with him.

• Absolutely stop talking to him. That whole situation seems sketchy

• Be careful who you talk to online!! I don't think it's safe to go out with someone you barely know and plus he's 30 years older than you.

• Yea, he sounds shady. Stop talking to him