I have no real proof, but I think I know who keyed my car. What do I do next?

So there's this guy I'm seeing, he just got out of a 4 year relationship with this girl who I have mutual friends with, and her and I were friendly at one point until I started dating her ex. (they broke up because her ex hit her multiple times). She is obviously going through a hard time. The other night my car was parked outside his house, and in the morning I saw the words "slut" keyed on the side of my car. I have no proof that it was her, but I'm willing to bet my left arm it was. What should my next step be?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had this at some point - knew after I didn't take the girl home at night the car would suffer in the morning - and it regularly did (it was ridiculous).
    Didn't do anything - that's just the game - though your case is a bit more severe, so maybe get cops to pay her a visit?

can I do that even though I don't have proof it was her?

Well you can always try and ask them politely to visit her for a chat - might be enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't do anything about it. You wait a few months. Then slash her tires.

And why would you be with some scumbag who would hit a woman?

What Guys Said 4

• Nothing you can do sadly. Park your car somewhere else next time. The ex will get over it eventually.

if i were to go to the police and say i think i know who did it, what would they do?

The police doesn't deal with issues like that because you could be falsely accusing the person.

so you're saying there's really nothing I can do and no way this person could be charged with anything

• You answered your own question. You have no proof, case dismissed.

• You have no evidence, you can't do anything

Unless you hire me to solve the case, i work for one hundred and twenty dollars a hour

• without proof such as video evidence, you really can't do anything about it legally

What Girls Said 2

• Reported to the police there is nothing else you can do

• Call the police and tell them what happened. If it was her and she has a habit of doing this they may be able to help. I would part a camera in the car to film the person next time. This woman if she's bitchy and crazy enough to do this once she will do it again because there is nothing worse than a woman scorned and sadly nothing is done until someone gets hurt. Call the police and see what they can do. Wish there were a psycho ex police department to take care of nutty exes lol.