Would you date someone who refuses to eat vegetables?

This question is really about whether you value beauty (thinness) or health (absence of illness). They are not necessarily the same. Someone who refuses to eat vegetables may eat an unbalanced diet, but because of a restrictive diet, that someone may be very thin.

• Yes
  • Yes, but ONLY if that person is thin
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be a problem for me, because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be truly healthy if you refuse to ever eat a single vegetable. Maybe they're still thin and fairly healthy while they're young, but down the line, it could become a serious issue. I like to think ahead. I won't say this is a 100% deal breaker, but I'd definitely be concerned about someone who refused to eat any vegetables at all. And partly because it shows immaturity and irresponsibility.

What Guys Said 48

• I would want them to be healthy with whatever that entails. I don't particularly care if they are "meat-atarian" if they still are healthy while doing it... That, and as long as they don't try to force me to go and follow suit. I still like vegetables and don't plan on giving em up anytime soon haha.

So I would date someone if they don't eat veggies assuming they aren't sickly from doing so. A restrictive with an unbalanced diet makes it sound like it'd be horrible for the body, and I'd strongly not prefer that. A super unhealthy diet would be something I'd continually want them to change, but I can't expect them to change for me. It'd be just a turn off then.

Essentially, I value healthiness, which results often in relative thinness. As long as they are healthy, I do not think I'd harbor any issue with whatever their diet is.

• Refusing to eat one or a few particular vegetables is fine, but being against all vegetable in general is just plain weird and unhealthy. Vegetables can be freaking delicious when prepared right and there is a wild variety of tastes to be found. The excuse of "I don't like how they taste" about all vegetables in general is invalid in my opinion.

• if they find a way to substitute and still get all the vital vitamins and nutrients then i could consider dating them. like perhaps if they take supplements or mulitvitamins i could consider it.

but if a person is generally unhealthy in lifestyle it certainly doesn't make them a very attractive partner

their weight isn't so much a factor as their dietary lifestyle in this case

• I refuse to eat vegetables so ideally I would prefer a herbivore, so that there's more meat for me.

• It's easier to cater to someone who doesn't eat vegetables than someone who doesn't eat meat.

Also, one of my co-workers doesn't eat vegetables like ever. He's fine and not "very thin". It's typically vegetarians and vegans who claim they are "naturally not supposed to have fat" and look like someone out of a crypt.

• So no bread either right? that's made from wheat. Even rice, potatoes, etc are vegetables. No thanks I'm asian!

can't see how someone would be attractive without any vegetables in their system. I'm sure their complexion would be very unhealthy. But if they eat fruits all the time , I don't think there would be any change.

• What she eats is her business. As long as she is attractive to me...

• U think it weird. One of my grandmother's is like that. She hates vegetables and refuses to eat all of them with the exceptions of corn or peas... She's been like that her entire life and she's still active and relatively healthy at 89... I love veggies and someone that refuses to eat them would seam close-minded to me, but some people manage to live long lives with vary few of them...

*I think it is weird

My paternal grandmother has a more balanced diet. She eats her veggies, but only because she grew up in a poor environment where meat was sky-high expensive. It's either vegetables and grains or starvation. She still manages to be my longest living grandparent, somewhere in her eighties. She has a potbelly, so you'd think that's a bad thing. But nope, that's just her body shape, and she's actually not diabetic. But then, culturally, she eats a low-sugar diet.

My other grandma is 97 I think. She eats her veggies though and upto about 2 years ago she use to grow a lot of them. :D The HOA decided to be bullies though and told her she can't have a garden at her house that she's maintained for the past 20 years at that location...

• I guess but it'd annoy the hell out of me since my job revolves around people getting healthy and eating what they need lol.

• No way, I'm a vegetarian.

• As a vegetarian, we would certainly make a strange couple. I don't think that I WOULDN'T per-se' but it would be a struggle.

• Lol why would I let that affect whether I would date her or not?

As long as she was still healthy I'd be fine with it. And if she wasn't healthy I'd help her find ways to balance her diet.

• i'm a meat eater, i am fine with it. Honestly there is nothing wrong with it. Just like there is nothing wrong with eating only veggies.

• Not I, my woman needs to eat healthy and have some produce in her diet. :)

• Sure but eating with her BS food requirements would get old fucking fast.

• sure, as long as you are healthy and not overweight I don't care what you eat. I'm don't eat many myself

• if she is not eating vegetables i can never fall in love with her, she will be ugly.

• i dont eat meat so we wouldn't have much in common

• Well, i would probably not like her personality anyway. The fact she would not try the effort to like it... meh. Dunno. Greens are awsome.

• There is absolutely no reason why you should eat vegetables, so I don't see why that would concern me.

• I wouldn't really care. As long as they were thin and healthy.

What if thin and undernourished?

No, only hamburgers and French fries and soda.

Again, if she can be healthy/happy not a problem. I tend to care more about personality than hobbies.
      Hmm if she didn't take care of down stairs though then that'd be a problem.

• Yeah I woukd date someone. I don't eat fruit much and I only eat certain veggies anyways.

• I don't eat any, if theyre 'healthy' and will remain fit then idfc.

• are we 5? I won't date you because you won't eat your vegetables...

• I don't care what they eat as long as it isn't human brains, they are not fat and are attractive. Luckily the taste of girl juice isn't affected by diet as much as baby batter.

• sure i would

• There are lots of people that dont like veggies
    For what ever reason *shrugs*
    Id prob still date them

• Depends, I just hope she doesn't eat pure junk food all the time😱ima be like nope you eating this broccoli😂😂

• Yeah, why not? She can always take vitamin supplements if she hates veggies.

Let's say vitamin supplements are too expensive.

• No. You gotta get certain minerals from somewhere.

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 34

• I accidentally voted no. I wouldn't discriminate just becuase someone refuses to eat a certain type of food. I think that's a bit immature. What I wouldn't date is someone who won't take care of themselves, like smoking, drinking too much, drug abuse, etc, because I don't want to witness them being in pain, in and out of hospitals, etc. It's bad enough I live with the amount of anxiety I have already. Vegetables are good for you; that's true, but there are other ways of remaining healthy.

Also, I'm a bit thrown off by you linking beauty to Thinness, as if that's the only type of beauty in the world.

Extremist vegetarians...

• I would DATE someone who is either way (as in I would not shun them and would be friends with them, etc), but I would not get into a committed relationship with someone who intentionally lives an unhealthy lifestyle. My goal in a relationship is to be with someone for a long time, go out and see the world, etc, and we can't do that if one person is ill all the time. That's NOT to say that I wouldn't love someone who is ill, but there is a difference between self-inflicted illness and sickness that you can't help. My current SO suffers from a number of problems that are in no way his fault, and it's difficult to watch him struggle with that. I want to help but can't. So I can't imagine the added stress if those problems were inflicted by someone's choice in poor diet. That would just lead to resentment and bickering, I think.

So yeah, eating veggies is important to me.

• Being as Healthy as I have Been all of My Life, my own Mom started Me with A... Daily Vitamin every day.
    I would, and have Done this with a Date and a Mate, Turn them on to a Daily Vitamin, in which I would Pick Out, no Doubt.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

*Beauty is Skin Deep and of course, IN the eye of the Beholder. xx

• Ummm... if I find this out before hand then I'd be weirded out - what DO you eat if you don't eat vegetables - which are supposed to be the majority of anyone's diet.
    If a person doesn't eat vegetables they must be riddled with all kinds of diseases - which may not manifest now, but when they hit late 30's... they'll definitely feel it.

• Thinness isn't always about your diet. I know people that are basically human garbage disposals who still maintain thin figures thanks to a freakishly effective metabolism. In fact, I know some people who struggle to gain weight because they feel they are too thin. You can treat your body like crap and still look good. On the flip side, you can eat moderately healthy and still struggle to keep a nice body.

If eating vegetables were all it took... lmao

• refusing to eat vegetables is just childish and stupid. i would wonder what other issues he has. a grown ass man not eating any veggies at all because it's yucky? am i dating an adult or a 9 year old? sorry but i can't have my husband and father of my children having health problems before his time because he can't get his diet together

• Im not his mom. He can eat what he wants to eat. However, if he is unhealthy and fat, its very unlikely that I'd date him.

• No, I wouldn't. I would have lots of fights over it, I can imagine. I am only living on fruits, vegetables and seeds, because of my food allergies. I can't cope with another person with food "issues".

Which seeds do you like? You don't eat any nuts?

Do you eat meat, dairy or grain?

No. Allergic to all of them.

• Nope, and I also don't see beauty as thinness.

I wouldn't date someone who is strict with food but at the same time I would want to be with someone who prefers healthy food such as vegetables over junk foods. especially on a regular basis.

However, I do want them to enjoy some street foods as well once in a while. Otherwise it would get boring.

• No, lmfao.
    How old are they, 5? Haha

• Oh, come on, who doesn't eat at least two or three sorts of vegetables?
    Even people who doesn't like vegetables eat potatoes, onions, or garlic.
    The only people who don't eat vegetables are probably Eskimos...

• No. It shows a degree of ignorance close mindedness.

• i used to. he was thin and health (22) at the time now he's overweight and unhealthy (31) just like a few other exes i've kept in touch with..

I don't think he was healthy at 22. He might be thin due to a fast metabolism, but because of an unbalanced diet, he was thin but unhealthy. As time passes by, his metabolism slows, and his health suffers due to the lack of nutrients exclusively found in vegetables. Therefore, it is WRONG to assume that he was healthy at 22. He might be thin and attractive, but very unhealthy. Just like someone who smokes at 18. They may seem very young and attractive, but the lifestyle habit is unhealthy.

• To me, it's a sign of serious immaturity to refuse to eat food that is good for you.

• Yeah

• Yes, because it would mean they are closed to different things. Extremists are just too weird for me.

• It wouldn't bother me. Just as long as they don't mind me eating my veggies. I love veggies! And, no... I'm not a liar.

• It wouldn't bother me I mean just because someone doesn't eat their veg doesn't mean their unhealthy or overweight.

• It's a huge turn off and I'd be really worried about that persons health

• Yes. They can eat whatever they please, it's their life after all but I would just hope that they're making up for not eating vegetables by eating other healthy and nutritional foods.

• No I need my man strong like Popeye

• Yeah as long as they try to be healthy in other ways.

• I don't care about them being thin but being healthy is huge for me. And 90% of my cooking has veggies so I don't know what he's gonna eat if I cook

• Yes, but I would try to get him to change his ways, that's seriously unhealthy!

• Yea, your bound to be unhealthy.

• Vegetables are delicious.

• No, I would not, but I would be friends with them.

• I'd be annoyed tbh.

• no lmfao. how old is he? that just sounds immature

• I don't mind. But if they refuse to eat pizza, then that's a deal breaker.

• More from Girls
    4