What are some good first "date" ideas, for someone you just want to know, and may or may not want to get into a relationship with?

Like "testing the waters" sort of date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well im telated to that topic to a tee but in my case it never worked i went out with a guy to a restaurant last year he paid dinner ieven let him chose the place as he suggested me a place he wanted to go. We made out at the end. He gave me signs he liked me but we didi not even go further for a second date. He did not want to be in a relationship he assume that just for one date

Lesson #1 NEVER put out.

put out? If u mean sex sorry we never spoke about having sex for the first date, I just met the guy one month before the first date and before the first date we did not really see each other or have any kind of communication untilthe first date that we saw once again. The first date was ok, we had fun at dinner then we went to a park to speak for hours and at the end we made out, that was all. After the first date we kept texting each other and we both agree to go out again but that never happened and that was the end of seeing each other again.

What Girls Said 8

• Something that involves staying active outside

In fact it's scientifically proven that physical active activities create stronger bonds, because you associate the uplifting sensations with that person.

• I think a walk is a good idea!

• food... food always works... XD

• Paintball! Lol umm I'd go with drinks... no liquor! Dinner and lunch is something that should be done after you know the other person. Dinner or lunch on a first day is awkward!

• I'd say coffee or a drink. Whichever is more your speed.

If you mean an actual date, go to a picnic or a zoo or something

• Go to bed together and see whether you're good performers.

• Going to the mall with a movie so if things go well there's an outlet

• My now husband took me downtown and we just walked for hours... got a slice of pizza... it was amazing :D

What Guys Said 11

• Circus/carnival is always interesting (may be seen as a bit of a cliché tough, but there are many activities and a lotta space and time to talk to each other and straight up know her)
    Sushi is great (you get to see what kind of a person by how they eat their sushi, no joke)
    If she likes sports, work your way on them (you get to discover each other's physique and you find out why she likes a particular sport, which usually says something about who you are)
    Stand up comedy might be cool, but if she doesn't like the humor it might ruin it all

I'm curious about the Sushi think. How do you figure out what kind of a person is by how they eat sushi?

@es20490446e some people feel uneasy with an entire piece in their mouth. Others embrace it and just enjoy the food. Some only like the grilled ones. Others like the different taste and/or new experience. Some dismiss the soy saice because it has a lot of sodium. Others dont give a fuck and enjoy the moment. I could go on for a while...

I would pay attention to it 🍙

• well lots of things. id just go get a cup of coffee and look at local art sculptures. in sacramento there is a lot of sculptures around down town. just walk and talk.

• Coffee in a public place. It's short and sweet, either can dash if they want, and the sole purpose is to see if there's any attraction or reason to have a real date. And it's a great time to set that up if there's any connection at all.

Or not.

And forget all the texting and social media. That's all just lame - you can't read anything from all that crap.

• Try a walk

• Go hiking, walk in the park etc. Those are nice because even if there's awkward silences there not that awkward because you can just look at the nature around you. Another option is just stay in and talk. Maybe order a pizza, watch a movie and just get to know each other. You don't have to go some fancy restaurant or anything, any of these above ideas would work.

• Go for a drink. Coffee, beer, wine, whatever. Talk to them.

• Walk, coffee, stroll in the park. NO movies

• Smoothie shops are always fun and lighthearted :-D

• Going to a nice cafe or a park to get to know each other. Talking for the first date is always the best so you can get comfortable and find out things about one another.

• Restaurant, walk, outdoor activity or something

• What would you enjoy doing the most, and could actively involve the other person?