Is jealousy a turn on or a turn off for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• a person who tries to make someone jealous is a turn off and shows immature tendencies. someone who makes someone jealous is a warning saying there is whole lot of childish crap if you take it any further with that person. a person who gets jealous shows cares. so to a certain extent you should show that you care. in my opinion if you are asking this because you are scared about showing your jealousy then just dont hide it. people like to take advantage of jealous people, and it can get quite messy. in my opinion you should care about a person, but if someone is trying to manipulate you by making you jealous then dont feed into it. Its a different story of course, if you are getting jealous when your boyfriend says hi to a cashier who happens to be a girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends, jealousy can mean a person cares about you and the relationship. If you were all hugged up on another guy and your boyfriend not once gets a little heated about it, wouldn't you raise eyebrow and wonder why? To me it would mean that they don't care and would be fine if I went off with someone else. Then there your unhealthy and downright scary jealousy type.. the ones who get angry for just breathing the same air or being in the same room with another guy. That's the type jealousy you want to look out for and avoid... so I look at in a balanced way, a little bit of jealousy is normal to feel.. we're human.. it happens. But when it becomes to much and scary then it's problem.

What Guys Said 57

• Definitively a turn off if it gets excessive.

I like a women who is confident and puts her trust in me. I would never cheat; and I want my partner to know I would never do that to her.

Of course, a little bit of jealousy is only human. I am talking about when she would rather not have me talking to female friends for instance; that is not acceptable.

• Is this question only for those guys who have female friends or girlfriends or can anyone answer this question?

I am asking because I have never had female friends and I have always been single.

anyone can amswer!!

Well in that case I'll assume if I had a female friend and if she " FEELS" jealous once in a while that would be fine and plus that's something she has to handle herself and so it will not be a turn off for me.

However as a man I will never try to make my female friend ( assumed) jealous in any way. I will never do that.

Hope my answer was clear?

Yeah, it wass

• A little jealousy is good.

• In the right amount it is a benefit. A small, small portion can be adorable.
    Taken to excess its the kind of thing that makes you run away from a relationship.

• Jealousy is a an wide area encompassing word - I don't see how jealousy, or any specific aspect of it, can be a turn on.

• One off playful is cute. Regular triggered by compulsive insecurity - deal breaker

• It ends a relationship. It's also not a game to be played.

• I'll answer this honestly - a LITTLE jealousy is a turn on. A LITTLE. When it goes beyond that, when it gets to be way too much, it is a burden and actually is no longer a turn on but draws me away from the person I'm interested in.

• Turn on. I don't mind if my girl is a little possessive of me. It's just an expression of how much she likes me, and also tells me she wants me all to herself.

Sometimes it can even be cute when she's a little jealous.

• yeah cause its always unfounded... my last ex destroyed our entire relationship cause we were having threesomes with these other chicks that i didn't really take seriously and she was getting all jealous and shit and she thought i was going to leave her for them. like jesus the point is we're partners in crime and they're just the weekly flavor, they've got all the more right to be jealous of you but it never happens that way.

• Yes, but which way do you mean? Like a girl is trying to make a guy jealous, so that she can see if he likes her?

more of if you're in a relationship and your SO gets jealous

It's a turn off if she thinks I'm going to go with another girl or something sure

• it depends on how jealous we are talking about. a bit is okay... but if she gets super jealous over every shit... yeah, that's a problem

• Depends on how she expresses it.

• An absolute turn off.

• Jealousy is controlling behavior that signals distrust

• On one hand it shows that the other person cares, on the other hand if it goes to extremes its scary.

• Neither. It is a sign of insecurity and emotional immaturity.

• healthy jealousy is okay. but that means it's pretty minimal-they dont' tell you who to be friends with, they don't ask lots of questions about your friends in a jealous way, etc...

• Turn off, It's like you don't trust me

• As long as it's not extreme or over the top then yeah.

• Its neither. But you still need it some jealousy I believe.

• Huge turn off

• Big turn-off. I'm pretty flirty and I have no time for jealous drama queens.

• A turn off, it creates more problem.

• Definitely a turn off. This question could have been a great poll. 😉

• Definitely a turn off.

• Not when she goes ballistic.

• a turn on

• complete turn off male or female..

Backing up your S/O in a altercation doesn't mean jealousyor possesness.

• turn on for me..

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 46

• Immediate turn off. I don't like guys who do that. They are no better than other men, and its immaturity. An immediate red flag. After a while they grow obsessive and possessive, and it can lead to an abusive situation. More so psychologically, emotionally and mentally if not physically. You play with fire, your going to get burned.

• Turn off. It's one of the reasons relationships with women have been more difficult for me than they have been with men, even though I find women more sexually desirable.

• Turn off. In my experience jealousy can lead to anger and accusations. I used to have guy friends and my boyfriend at the time would get jealous to the point of causing a scene infront of my friend and my family. I dumped him. can't handle that whole jealousy thing.

• A little bit is a turn on because it shows he likes me, but if it's extreme like wanting to go through my phone and telling me not to see my friends is a turn off.

• It's repulsive.

• Only if it's the possessive and obsessive kind of jealousy. The kind where the guy wants to control me

I don't mind a little jealousy though , because it shows he cares about me and is afraid to lose me

• I don't care what he/she is jealpus about/

• Too much jealousy or non existent jealousy is a turn off. I'd say some who gets jealous when he should get jealous but isn't overly jealous. Thats so cute😍😍😍

• if its in moderation its fine otherwise id gtfo

• Absolute turn off. There's NOTHING positive about possessive/obsessive behaviour.

• I think a little jealousy is cute actually. Too much would be hard to deal with though.

• Generally a turn off... A little makes me know he actually cares tho

• Possessiveness is not attractive. If I am with a guy and he wants to check my phone, doesn't want me to be friends with guys, suspects me of cheating all the time, etc., then that is a turn off and I will break up with him. Jealousy I understand because when you are with a girl or a guy you want them to only be yours in a romantic and sexual way. That is understandable. I am a jealous person but it is whether you act on it or not that matters.

• Jealousy stems from low self-esteem, so no, it cannot be an attractive trait, hence a turn-off.

• Depends on the action done due to jealousy.

Some become really rude when they are jealous, that's a turn off

• Turn on 😍😍😍

• Jealous- turn off
    A little bit possessive- super hot

• Big turn off

• Telling someone to back off if they hit on me is cute. Thinking I'll cheat if I'm out of his eyesight is sad.

• Neither. I think getting jealous is cute though, but to a certain extent. If my S/O is jealous to the point where I don't have any freedom at all, then that's a problem.

• well as a female it's a turn on because I like to know that I mean something to him, but not if it's to where he's controlling

• I've learned I can be jealous at times.

Sometimes, the guy took it as a sign that I rlly liked him. Other times, the guy took it as a sign of weakness and a turn off.

I guess its how you go about it. I learned it can be both.

• A little healthy jealousy is cute.

• A little bit is okay in like the initial stages of dating/being in a relationship.

• A big turn off

• Depends
    Too much jealousy is terrible while being a bit jealous shows that the person cares

• Not for me. It shows that the guy is really into me, which is what I prefer.

• It depends on how jealous he is, if it's to the point where I can't go out or be alone sometimes then it is definitely a turn off. A little bit of healthy jealously in a relationship is fine though.

• Some jealousy is fine.

Now when it becomes excessive? Huge turn off.

• Turn off I don't see the point why you need to get jealous over stuff.

• More from Girls
    16

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more