Why does he keep doing this?

So, there's this guy that I know. Every time we talk, he says we should get together soon. I never mention it, but I always tell him that I agree, we should get together asap, and to let me know when works for him. Four times now, he's made plans and cancelled them. The first day he was too tired. The second time, he had a family emergency. The third time, he was too tired again. The fourth time, he had to work late. It sucks because I get so excited about hanging out with him, and then I end up in tears every time he has to cancel. He's always talking, making plans, but he never follows through when it comes time to.

I just don't understand why he keeps asking me to get together and cancels the plans like 2 hours before we're supposed to actually get together. He's the one who picks the day, time, and place in the first place, so what gives?

Why does he keep doing this?

What Guys Said 1

• Family emergency and working late you can't hold against him - he can't control those.
    But "I'm too tired"? That's really his way of saying he just doesn't want to be with you. So why does he keep making plans if he doesn't end up with you - simple. He has a better offer -- he makes plans with you because he wants you as his backup but when a better offer comes along he cancels.

What Girls Said 1

• People who flake are usually not that into the other person or they are too stressed to go out with them so they decide to bail. Do not bother.