Would you date a girl like me?

Dating has always been such a hard thing for me because I have some mental issues. I'm not crazy or anything it's just that it's hard for me to get through things. I have residual schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. Things were difficult going through school and making friends. I'm a normal person with normal feelings it's just growing up has been extremely difficult. I'm not used to change and I hate going out because I always feel like I'm being judged or watched. But that's a side effect of residual schizophrenia. Dating has always been hard because I can never find someone who actually accepts me. I've even been told that no one would ever love or even be interested in a girl with my disorder. So I'm asking here is there actually someone who could accept that in a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like every girl i know. Most of those diagnosis are bullshit anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• IF I HAD A PENIS... I would date you for you... your personality inside.. you probably are a fun and have beautiful qualities about yourself you have yet to notice because of the people who put you down. So IF I WAS A GUY I TOTS BE INTO YOU ;D I HOPE I MADE YOU SMILE

What Guys Said 5

• I have a checklist I go through when I am contemplating dating a girl. Sometimes I don't know the answers until we meet in person.

One of my questions is, Is she crazy? If the answer is yes, then I end the conversation immediately.

Sounds like you should see a psychiatrist to talk these things over with. She might be able to help.

• Probably I would, but you can't be like this forever. If forever like this then I can't, it needs to change for the better.

• There's probably someone out there that would.

*I* wouldn't. I walk at the first sign of mental illness.

• Hating to go out I can deal with.

I would avoid (repeating my past) entering a relationship with someone whose issues were a barrier to them meeting my emotional needs - even of that barrier is understandable.

While I like going out sometimes it's not an emotional need for me to feel loved and desired

• What's residual schizophrenia?😅sorry I never heard that one, if I knew you I would date, i had a similar childhood I know what it feels like

What Girls Said 1

• What exactly is, "residual schizophrenia" ? - you are schizophrenic or you are not.