Do girls/guys always pick a partner based on what there mom/dad is like?

Many people say a girl picks a guy based on her dad, and a guy picks a girls based on his mom. I feel that is not always true, do you?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• There aren't really any similarities between my boyfriend and my dad and I would rather the guy I dated didn't act the way my dad did so I dunno, I don't think so.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its a bonus if your mom likes a girl your dating, In the pas my mom has helped avoid making massive mistakes with women who can only be described as trainwrecks about to go off the track, and she has been proven right every time.
    Women are funny when it comes to dating and most though they never admit it want their families approval above all their Dad's, or in the case of a lot of high school and college girls their Dad's disapproval. A black buddy of mine said he used to have a problem before he got married when he was dating white waspy girls as often they weren't interested in him but more to piss off their Dad's and if their Dad's didn't care about her dating a black guy and they got ok together he got dumped, he said most whote girls date black men so they can say they dated black, so they can say they ain't racist, relieve their "white guilt", piss off their parents, make an ex jealous and as fashion statement.

What Girls Said 5

• I've always said I'd like a guy with similar qualities to my dad. He was a great father and wonderful husband. His family always came first , because he we family oriented. That's the type of guy I've always wanted to marry

• Fuckin hope not.

If it turns out my boyfriend is anything like my dad Ill be dropping him.

So far im safe, but there are some similarities so far.

Scary. I need to get him a backbone. That way he will never be like my dad.

• It's my choice not theirs

• My parents do not approve that I'm dating a girl

• They are immature in their own relationships and I don't want to be like them so definitely not

What Guys Said 2

• not always hence the high divorce rate, if people listened to their parents they would date much better guys/girls. theyrr older and know much more and if you listen to them you'll realise that what theyre saying is true.

• Not me