How soon should he tell me he has kids when dating?

So I've been talking to this guy for 3-4 months. We are long distance and we plan on seeing eachother in acouple of months. The thing is I see some pictures on social media of a child he posted. Someone commented asking if it was his child and he said yeah. It's only one picture up tho. He's never told me so I don't know if it's really his child or not. The picture is really old so I was basically creeping. We are both young, 21 and in all honesty I don't want to date anyone with a child and also I'm worried about the child's mother. But anyways should I just confront him and ask if it's really his child?

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't say that you saw that he has a child directly, maybe ask him if he wants a child. If he doesn't tell you say something like "well, I saw that you said that this child on this post is yours, is that true?"

• probably 3-4months ago would have been better. you are taking a huge risk now getting involved when he may just not like kids and even if he does like them the fact you covered it up for so long would be sure to cause concern

What Girls Said 1

• This should have been mentioned/discussed right at the very beginning.
    You need to confront him immediately about this.