How do I get my crush at work to ask me for my number/ask me out?

I have a crush on this guy at work, and my gut tells me that he may be interested too. We work in different departments but sometimes work together (so we don't always see each other, but when we do other people are around). I always smile and act personable around him, and sometimes it seems like he gets a hint of nervousness around me. Is there anything I can do for him to ask me out or at least show my interest in him?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is what pisses me off about women. Just like men:

You are human
    You have a mouth

Ask him yourself.

Women always complain about how things aren't equal, but in the world of dating, women still try to make men do everything and then get disappointing when action isn't taken on the man's side or he can't magically read your mind.

Just ask him.

Just say... "would you like to get ice cream with me?"

Something simple... doesn't have to be something major. Or during lunch break, just ask him if he wants to go to a fast food restaurant with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Continue with Joe, and although it may Seem Slow, you Never Know.
    Flirt a bit More and with this, even if he Seems even more in a Tither with 'Nervousness around me,' just be Light and Sweet, and Ask him if Maybe he Might want to Hang out Sometime after the Doors Close at Five?
    He Could be a Coy Boy who is Waiting for You to Make a Move.
    Good luck and Hope your Intuition is right. xx

What Guys Said 5

• LOL, this is something I thought all women knew how to do. Give him a few looks and smiles, say a few lines to show interest. If he doesn't act upon it, he is not interested.

• yes wait for him gone with the wind because he can read minds

• how about you stop being a dickhead and ask him yourself

• Flash him some nipple

• The short answer is "yes."

The most direct route to a date is to give him your number and mention a place and time. It's best when this is prefaced with a bit of lower intensity conversation first.

But I understand you're not wanting to be quite so direct. You can let him know you enjoy his company. You can compliment him. You can cook him something. You can wink, or look through your fringe at him or look in his eyes. There are a million ways to flirt, and if he likes you he'll probably react positively to any that you choose.

What Girls Said 4

• this isn't the 1950s. You're clearly interested, so ask him out yourself instead of playing games.

• Yea ask him does he have a girlfriend.. when or if he says no you say "Great.. want to take me out on a date?" ;)

• What's stopping you asking him out?

• Well, just ask him if he needs a rainy day ride 😂