Would you date a girl with selfharm scars?

Would you be able to date a girl with selfharm scars? If no, why not?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Yes, but only if she had stopped
  • No
  • No, I find it disgusting

Most Helpful Guy

• no, because it shows that this person is not emotionally stable. what happens when I get into a argument with her? What happens if she falls into depression? She is a danger to herself and the people around her. people can be pc all they want and say ''well as long as she stopped'' but who is to say she won't do it again? Also, I have had a unreal amount of stress put on me yet I never found myself trying to cut and harm myself nor would I ever consider it, its just illogical and I would rather make a commitment to a women who can reason through tough times. I wouldn't want my kids around somebody who cuts themselves when things get hard.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I think I could but I think it takes a certain type of person to self harm in that way. Those sort of people, I don't know are ones I want or should be dating. I don't think I'm emotional supportive enough. I don't care how it looks, it's what I now know they're capable of. If I already cared for the guy, it probably wouldn't get in the way, but if it's something I would constantly have to deal with. You know, every few nights, texting me up "I did it again." I don't think I can truly be there for them. I'd get to that "that sucks" stage where I wouldn't be a good partner. They would have to be done

What Guys Said 26

• I would not. This is a sign of a mental disorder. I would be afraid it would return and she would do harm to me or someone else, or at least be a complete mess to deal with. Not into that drama.

• I generally regard people who self harm as emotionally unstable, even if they have stopped. (No offense).

Its not a deal breaker for me as long as she has stopped. Id still hear her out and give her a chance, but I'd be hesitant to get involved with her and I'd be extra weary at first.

• If she has stopped and it was awhile ago and she seemed stable now, I'd probably give it a shot.

• I would expect to hear they came from a fishing accident, then later learn the truth. I would make up my mind later to continue forward or not. Some people can be redeemed. Gross self-mutilation does not happen in a single session and therefore needs no time for contemplation other than a swift exit.

• Yes, absolutely. But would anyone date a guy with self harm scars?

I would, no doubt

• In my younger days I might have if she was otherwise hot. At this point I'm tired of junkies, drunks, and psychos. Scars like that are a bad sign (even if not currently practicing she could relapse even after a minor argument) so I would literally run from her as fast as I could.

• Yes, but only is she doesn't do it anymore.

• 0|0
  • I think it's one of those things somebody might go through, like any disease, depression is an illness. I probably wouldn't be willing to take that on if she was still doing it, but if it's in the past, then it's in the past.

• It depends tbh, I'm a caring person it wouldn't bother me much, but if she's completely covered in scars everywhere, it'd be a little difficult😔

• Only if she promises to not self harm her again ever again

• I am on the bandwagon, and my girl is as well. All I ask of her is she talk to me before resorting to the problem.

• yes, if she stopped

• Ordinary selfharm OK , all girls are crazy
    But I would wonder if there's personality disorder behind it

• That's a "red flag" for me.

Why be with someone with those kind of problems?

• Yeah i would. Its no big deal.

• Yes if it was a long time ago. We all have scars. Some of them visible, most aren't.

• My girlfriend used to self harm

It's only a dealbreaker if she starts back

• no too much baggage

• No doubt in my mind, I would date someone with self harm scars.

• Yes, absolutely and i have dated a few girls with them

• If she hadn't done it in a long time and was over it, yes. If she starts again, I'm gone.

• No. Thats a red flag.

• only if there cool ones lame ass cuts to the wrist r shit tho fuck that

• Yes, i would

• I'll fuck her in the asshole ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

What Girls Said 8

• Well, I'm straight, but I would date a guy with self-harm scars. I have them so seeing it wouldn't bother me. As long as he's gotten better and isn't at risk of suicide, I would date him.

• depends because it would cause me pain to know that she still harmed herself, i probably dont know if i could handle it

• I guess it would be circumstantial. Like if they were old and he wasn't doing it anymore. Or hadn't done it in awhile. I have the scars myself so I get it.

• I'd say that's fine... as long as they're old and she's long past that phase.

• one of my friends did that to herself for the longest time and she is super messed up. i dont think its a good idea for any guy to get involved in girls like her

• No. I see that as a sign of instability and something is wrong. I wouldn't be able to deal if a person I was in a relationship started cutting again or did something worse.

• As someone who self harmed for 15 years... My biggest advice is to go to a therapist before worrying about dating. I projected this image of having everything together (straight a's, fit body, sports and clubs, etc), but had a secret self hatred. It just kept spiraling until I eventually developed bad panic disorder. I only wish I could go back in time and seek professional help earlier. Feel that you're worth that help and care.

• since I'm straight, I would date a guy with them as long as he stopped