Why would a male friends with benefits offer a woman money?

They were acquaintances in high school and met up again later in life. Both now in their early 30's, have had sex about 3 times in 2 months. They didn't see each other for a month although they spoke during that time. He called 2 days in a row wanting to make plans to meet up. 1st day he texted after the conversation to find out if she has a boyfriend. The 2nd day after they spoke about a charity where she volunteers, and he mentioned he just went grocery shopping, he asked her if she needed some cash. She asked him why; he said it was incase she was in a tight spot. (He knows she hasn't been employed for a few months and is still looking for a new job. He has a great job.) She refused the cash offer. What's his motivation to make that offer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men just have to interfere in females' lives. It's part of their dominance over females.

I even saw this vid once, part of which showed a man coming across a female staggering all over the side walk with bottle in paper bag in one hand. He grabbed her by the elbow, forcibly moved her to the side of the road, got a cab, forced her into it and gave her $ 40 before slamming the door and walking off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Power over her. If she decides not to sleep with him, he can guilt her into it if he gives her money.

What Guys Said 10

• She should stop cheating firstly.

Who is she cheating on? She has no boyfriend & he is her only sexual partner.

He asked if she had a boyfriend because he hadn't seen her in a while.

I read it as come to find out she has a boyfriend hahah my bad xD he's just worried about you. He may have feelings

• to make sure you are financially ok.

• Uh... friends? If I have money and I know my friend is in a tight spot, I'll give them money.

• I think he wants to actually be with her. The real question should be: Are you the female friend?

No, she's my bestie.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah it does sound like the dude is attatched..

Sounded that way to me too.

• Maybe he's just trying to help - if she's in a tight spot?

• He wants to protect u

• Sex. Duh

• To help?, they fucked before the money so I doubt he's offering money for her sexual services

• Looks like he wants to be more than friends with benefits.

• Pay to play?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know, but I would be really offended about it.