Why are guys willing to date a woman without a car or job, but women would never do the same with a guy?

If I met a great woman I wouldn't give a rats ass if she was unemployed or didn't have a car. But women won't even give you the time of day if you lack transportation or if you have yet to find decent employment.
Is there really any equality in dating at all?
Also, why do women think it's rude to take them to a cheap restaurant on a date? They claim equality and money doesn't matter, but if you take them to Sizzler or the Waffle House they're gonna walk out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was chatting up a guy who didn't have a car nor job due to circumstances but he ruined it when he told me he doesn't communicate in relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• because if women's hypocrisy was a power source
    it cauld run the planet for 10000 years :)

What Girls Said 9

• Come on, you can't generalise women like that.. Gah..
    SOME women like to be spoiled, and they like it when their guy spoils them. So that's why most of the time they prefer dating someone who is capable of doing so.
    And I repeat, please don't put this idea in your head that "women would never date a guy without a car/job" ..

On the other side, men don't have a problem when it comes to women with no jobs since they usually pick her up or pay for the date. Yes, I know, it's not fair, and I don't agree with men having to pay for everything and stuff... but, well, c'est la vie?

• You just answered your question with the very first sentence. The way to fix this is to set your standards higher instead of just comforting with a woman that's pretty and nice.

Basically, your requirements for a girlfriend are so easy. Make it a bit more challenging and you'll start getting better results.

My requirements aren't easy. YOU just proved my point. Having a job and car is a pretty simple thing in a relationship.
      My standards are a kind, open minded, intellectual, talkative woman with a lot of my common interests. How is that an "easy requirement"?

You could have mentioned that on your question. By setting up your requirements higher, you're more likely going to find someone of higher quality. No one should settle for less if they don't want to.

Don't you think that some men are enablers too? If some women would freak out if you take them to a cheap restaurant, my guess is there are still men that will enable their behavior. As long as there is always someone out there that allows those inequalities you're mentioning, that will still continue happening.

• I think that's how you know you have the found the right woman, a woman that will pick you up in your darkest hour and take you from no job and no car to successful.

However, I wouldn't take it on - why? Because I have in the past, I am so drive and focused I just want to be successful- he was lazy. I was carrying the both of us and it was exhausting (I don't mean financially but motivationally) I just didn't have the energy in me but in all fairness I would expect the same from a man if he tried to carry the both of us.

You just need to find the right women that support equality because I couldn't care less where we went for a date, McDonald's if need be - I'm not dating you for your money, I can earn that on my own. I am dating you because of who you are and if that's a driven and determined individual then I would take a homeless, bankrupt man on. If it's a lazy, job shy man then I would say no thank you.

• Lies. I did and i saw nothing wrong with it

• Are you bitter?

• I would. I am willing to date a guy without a car or a job. I have other/different criteria which are obviously more difficult to find than the guy having a car or job or money.
    "Why do women think it's rude to take them to a cheap restaurant on a date?"
    I don't. My dates in the past were not in expensive restaurants. We usually went in coffee-places or parks or strolling around the city without having to spend a cent (dime).

• I think it depends on all women to be fair. Many women care about rich men cars etc just materialistic things so taking them out to sizzler they probably would appreciate it due to it not being the most exstravigant restaurant, but many other women would think they're lucky enough because you put the thought of taking them out. It depends on who.

• I'm the same just as long as he doesn't always ask me for rides or $

• So, you're saying homeless, broke men never get girls? Well, they do. And if a woman doesn't date you because you don't have those things, then she just doesn't like you enough.

It's easy to say "some girls", but you yourself never would.

You're even more idiotic than I thought..

did you run out of midol today?

What Guys Said 9

• Oh, but money DOES matter. It matters very much.

It is an issue of competition with other men. Those of us who have a lot of money can have a lot of women.

• I don't know about that. i was dating a high school teacher with a care when i was broke and in college.

she could have been fired for dating a student, you know

sounds sexy. I lost my virginity to my high school Spanish teacher.

was she hot?

• There's no such thing as gender equality in dating. Also, i'd like to meet the maniac that would walk out of a Sizzler or Waffle House as it's beneath them.

• Ita simple man. Girls need men to take care of them cause they like little babies

So they need us to be well enough to handle their business

• Because Human anthropology.
    And you know it.

• There is no equality in dating. Aaaanndd money may not matter for a hookup, but it does for a relationshop and/or date

• Simple. Men have status, looks, athleticism, charisma... women offer sex appeal.

The point I'm making is how women demand equal pay and other equal shit, but they don't want to pay for things with it.

• Because nature expects resources to flow from men, to mothers, to children.

Because men consider every womb of value, while women who can only be pregnant with one man's sperm have to be more selective.

• different girls, different lifestyles