How do guys feel about getting gifts from a woman they're only dating?

Met him in March, started dating, then we entered into an exclusive relationship around the end of May. We get along really well, but sometimes I feel like he's a little distant. So we demoted our relationship to dating exclusively last month. He always takes me on dates and gets movies for us to watch and does most of the driving and paying, but he's never actually given me a gift. Well, his bday is in mid Sept and I had a really great idea for a gift. He's kinda OCD and I remember one night he said he needed drink coasters. So I didn't get him anything lavish or expensive but I got him 2 sets of coasters 1) with his favorite team 2) his favorite TV show. I thought it would be cute. Now I'm nervous about giving him the gift. I don't want him to think I'm totally desperate for him, but I do want him to realize that I care and pay attention. I know he asked for coasters, I remember his bday, I know his team and show, and I spent less than 40$. Should I give him the gift or not. Will it make me look like a doormat or should I just hold off until Christmas to see where this relationship goes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes give them to him. He should really appreciate the idea that you thought of him , and all his favorite on top of that will really score big. I think you did very well

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Give it to him. I think he will appreciate it and it isn't too much.

• Ha! I did twice while dating a guy, freaked him out. Guys are so weird about it but thats because they act weird when i girl likes them other than their mothers haha