Boyfriend would rather go home then spend 20 minutes after work grabbing ice cream with me?

I've barley seen him at all this week. Is this normal? (We've been together for 6 months now)

Most Helpful Guy

• If i had a girlfriend I'd be there in an instant if she wanted to do that. When I had a girlfriend I always looked for opportunities to be with her. You probably don't want to hear this but I got the same tired after work excuse from her on multiple occasions before she just left me altogether. Hate to say it but he may not be as interested anymore. Do you get together a lot still at all or is the time in between visits getting longer? That's another thing that happened towards the end of my relationship too.

We spend every weekend together still. Just lately I've been having a shitty week and he hasn't tried to remedy that at all.

Well I'd say talk to him about it and tell him you want to spend more time together. I know after a long day of working I wanted to go be with my girlfriend even if it was just relaxing and watching a movie, I would think 20 mins is not to much for you to ask for.

Thanks for MHO! Did you talk to him about it yet?

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on what he does for work. if he's honestly exhausted and sweaty, it makes sense that he really doesn't want to go out. i think you need to judge based on how often he denies hanging out with you. if he's too busy with work during the week, is he willing to see you on weekends? if he has a super busy two weeks with a bunch of projects, after those 2 weeks does he try to make it up to you and make up for that time?

We work together at a video game studio. He's not tired and sweaty, trust me. Lol.

And sometimes he does, but lately he's just been a homebody and I've been feeling pretty neglected lately. Our conversations are sparse to none lately. We usually spend one day on the weekend together. I may just be overthinking it, but I think it's worth discussing with him about.

if he's been hanging out at home, is he okay with you coming over and just hanging out as well? maybe something's going on where he doesn't have the energy to go out and do stuff, so see if he'll let you come over.
      If he seems to not want to spend any time with you at all - as in he won't even let you come over to just chill on your computers together or watch tv together, then you might need to have a conversation.

What Guys Said 19

• Maybe he's being selfish, but...

If he's had a long, stressful week (as I tend to have about 3 weeks a month) at work, then, yeah, I totally get it. See, the thing is, he's burnt out, feeling tired and shitty, maybe dirty and sweaty, and he would be AWFUL company and he knows it. You might enjoy seeing him, but you'd probably spend most of that 20 minutes asking him "what's wrong?"

If he's anything like me, he's saving you from that, and going home so he can rest and, hopefully, be relaxed and happy TOMORROW so when he sees you tomorrow, he's in a good mood and can provide you with quality companionship - something he simply won't be able to do if he's exhausted.

• man. you have to understand that working a long day is tiring. however if he does this all the time. its bad. but if this is an occational thing, you have to cut the man some slack

Trust me, I know its tiring. I also work a 40 hour work week. We literally work at the same company. I know how tiring it is.

• He might be under a great deal of stress and sometimes all you want is a bed. It might be just a phase. Have you considered going to his house at that time to give him a massage or something? This kind of stuff makes wonders to a person's humor and productivity.

I would love to, but he didn't want company tonight

Wow. Ok then. He needs space. Have you considered he's ashamed of something? Maybe something that happened at work?

• Not knowing the circumstances, for instance a long day at work etc, I'd say no, but there are a lot of possible reasons.

Well to be fair, every night he goes home and does the same thing. I literally just want 20 minutes of him time to catch up with him. I've barley talked to him all week and he just seems to be okay with that.

True, maybe I'm overthinking it. I just miss spending time with him is all.

Can't blame you for that.

• If he's been working labour in the heat all day I wouldn't do shit either. I'd want to shower and go lay down.

Nope, we work at a video game company.

• this reminds me about that spongebob episode when patrick went to work and every night when he got home he sat on the couch to watch tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9vq7GTJOx8

LOL, this is perfect xD

lol it even has the ice cream as you described. Maybe you can get a brief case full of ice cream and dump it on him lol

• He's tired. Myself after work, I like to just have a cold drink and relax with nobody talking to me for about an hour.

• that idiot
    how dare he want to get some rest
    maybe he is cheating u :p
    srsl just tired do something in the weekend

Nah, he's not cheating on me. Maybe with his own hand and the internet but I could care less about that lol.

so he take matter in to his own hands :p

• Maybe work was long and stressful.
    He just wanted to get home asap to rest.

• Why u don't go to see him taking ice cream after his work

• I hate guys like that, as much as those guys who rather play video games then hang out with there girl friend.

That's exactly what he's doing tonight lol.

What the hell is wrong with guys these days?

• With that little info - maybe he's just busy - and you're already whining?

Lol. i wouldn't call it whining. I just enjoy spending time with him. And he's busy at home playing video games so sure, he's busy I guess.

Well if he's just playing video games (you didn't say that originally) - that's a different matter. Probably doesn't feel as attracted to you as you do to him - sorry.

• Maybe he is lactose intolerant.

Lololol. I mean maybe, but he's not. :P

• Yes its ok, he just finished work

• The answer is simple, you sit down with him and explain how you haven't seen him all week and not spending more time together doing things is hurtful and explain how you feel

• That's one thing I would of liked to do... How stupid he is

All I want is 20 minutes of his time, I don't see that being too much to ask for.

I'm just real skeptical about some who has an agenda that prevails above my own

Eh it makes sense. I just like him, and I like ice cream. lol

• why 20 minutes exactly? that's a pretty specific number?

Getting ice cream doesn't take long. 20 minutes is about the right amount of time to get ice cream, eat it, then go our separate ways.

im just sayin'

• He might be tired.

• suck his dick ;) ;) ;) ;) :)

What Girls Said 2

• He turned down ice cream? Not NORMAL like who in their right mind would turn down ice cream fr

LOL I know, right? It confused me as well.

• Maybe he's just tired. After all he did just finish work and most people would rather go home and rest. But then again it could be that perhaps he isn't bothered or is losing interest. With only that much info it's hard to tell