If someone doesn't have your interests, but you love their personality, should you end it?

There's this girl. I really don't know if she likes me or not, but I think she did at first. Then we talked about things... do we like kids, do we like country music, do we like dancing, do we like movies... and basically all her interests are the opposite of those. I think the more she realized this the less flirty and romantic she got. I guess I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her either even tho every smile and every word makes my heart skip.

I don't know. What do you think?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're willing and open to explore your interests together and teach each other new things, then yes you should stay. But if you guys are repulsed by enjoying new experiences together and you want to live separate lives, then break up.

But what aboit stuff like wanting kids, wanting to live in a certain state, wanting her to have a job? These are life changing desicions.

I don't know. I can't pop in and out of relationships. I'd be lucky if I got in this one and it's the closest I've ever gotten.

• 28d

Thank you! I hope you're doing well!

What Girls Said 3

• Personally I wouldn't end it. A guy doesn't necessarily need to have the same interests as me , but having similar morals and values as me is paramount

I love trying new things , and learning new things so he could teach me to broaden my knowledge, and maybe get a new intetrest or hobby

• So here's why it depends:
    The only way a relationship of opposite interests works is if you have an appreciation for their interests. For example:
    I love to write music.
    My boyfriend doesn't love to write music. But he supports both my music and my song writing as well as my dreams.
    Another example:
    A girl loves country music but the boy hates it... Yet when she gets in his car he turns on the country station appreciating that that is what she likes and understanding that it'll make her happy.
    If you can't do these compromises for each other then you can't be together.

• You are very vague about it. Please explain

Like let's say every word and inflection and tone and facial expression and discussion topics makes you fall in love with this person over and over, but then you have nothing in common. You literally have nothing to do together because you disagree on what is fun and what is healthy and what you want to do.

Would you stay with that person? Is relationships about interests and ideals or about personality?

Then this is a serious red flag

Relationships aren't just about how you both feel but are y'all both act when you're together

What Guys Said 1