Should I stop lying to my boyfriend?

I have depression and some days are much harder then others, my boyfriend notices when something is wrong and he always tries to fix the problem. sometimes there isn't really anything "wrong" I am just feeling "down" but he can't seem to grasp the fact that this just happens kinda of "there has to be a problem therefore a solution" kind of thinking and he won't leave me alone until I tell him what is wrong. So I just make something up so he can console me about that so he feels that he has helped me, and he continues with his day thinking that if I seem off that it is because of what I told him. should I stop doing this and tell him what's going on or just continue?

• Explain to him what is going on
  • Continue what I am doing

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are naturally problem-solvers. We don't talk about our problems or feelings just to share them - in fact, we usually only do so if we think the other person can help us fix the problem. That's just how our brains work. But most guys honestly don't understand that women's brains don't work that way, and that they have to share, but that they really only want the guy to LISTEN, and not to try to find a solution.

I recommend you both watch this video and then talk about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjUFYxSxDk

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it is fair to tell someone your problems and then be mad if they want to help. I'm a problem solver and had a huge conflict of personality with my ex, so much that we broke up. I think you should try to accept that he is a problem solver. And depression is a solvable problem, by the way. I used to have severe depression and I "healed" my brain over the course of several years. Maybe he doesn't know how to help you, but at least let him show his sympathy in his own way.

What Guys Said 6

• I think you should reach out to a psychiatrist. I had the same issue. Venlafaxine is a great antidepressant in my opinion. Also helps with anxiety, but decreases sexual drive..

• He needs to know. He loves you either way. You two will get through this together and will come out stronger than before. Also, dont give up on yourself, I know he won't - and you know it too

• freaking tell him!!

• Yes, don't lie to him

• Stop lying and be honest with him

• Instead of lying to him, or causing a fight with him, you should just start working on your problem on your own so that it no longer involves him and once you solve it, he would never have to know.

What Girls Said 6

• If you struggle with depression then he needs to educate himself on it first and realize where you're at. You need a partner who understands and can work with you, not against you or make you feel worse. You should not have to lie to your boyfriend.

• I deal with depression and anxiety and postpartum pychisics and my boyfriend is just like this and I've told him you need to stop lying to him and tell him the truth or you may end up loosing him because you're lying so much about it and it can make you're depression worse. Good luck girly.

• share everything with him, it makes him understand you well, and somwhow, it will actually ease your mind too, by sharing the burden to someone who actually care about you

• Yes, you need to chat with him

• A relationship built on lies is weaker then sand to get moved from the wind

• Sure.
    You should always be honest about everything
    Lie is a snake which poisons the relationship