Would you rather date a model or a slightly above average looking short girl?

I'm 175cm and I'm 14 years old. I feel like no guys like tall girls. I think that I will never be popular with the boys at my school. I'm intelligent (sorry I sound arrogant. I got the academic award). I also run 4 hours a day and count every calories. But I feel like im worthless. Would you rather date a model or a slightly above average looking short girl?
oh and cast aside the other factors. Let's say they both are smart with great personalities.

• Super pretty model
  • slightly above average looking short girl
  • Can't decide
  • I'm a girl and I want to see the answers

Most Helpful Guy

• lol you're only 14; you have tons of time to find a guy! :) Just don't worry about it and enjoy life; the years go by faster than you'd think.

But anyway, to answer your question, I would choose whichever one had the nicest personality! If they somehow had the exact same personality like you said --- just for hypotheticals --- I would choose whichever one is cuter. So yes, if the taller girl is cuter, I'd choose her.

Height doesn't matter to me. Of course it might be harder/inconvenient if the girl was unusually tall or short (like from dwarfism or from being 7 feet tall or something lol), but anything in between is more than fine.

And didn't you say underneath somebody else's answer that when you travel to other places, tons of Asian guys (and guys of other countries too) like you a lot? Haha! So what's the problem? :P Do you not like them back? :(

Nope. Sorry to the Asian guys.

I want my crush to like me lol. But Asian guys are like girls to me so yeah.

Haha so there are guys who like you! Then the problem here is not that people don't like you. It's just that you don't like those who do. XD Well in that case, unrequited affection is a problem that everyone deals with at some point, not just tall girls. We all learn to deal with it, in time. We all have to learn to move on from those who don't like us back; it's just a part of society. If you get a crush who doesn't like you, you have to move on from that rejection to find another guy, just like those Asian boys will have to learn to move on from your rejection and find other girls. Just the way it is.

What Guys Said 18

• I'd date both. No reason not to. Don't worry about being tall. The boys will catch up to you and pass you (not all but many). I'm 6'2" and I've dated women from 4'11" to 6'5". There are men who can't handle their lady being taller. Some short men like having a taller lady. I may be wrong, but I think it might be an ego thing showing "I can get the tall ladies too" for some. I had to check what 175cm is in feet. You are tall for your age. Be proud of what you are. By the way, you might want to cut back your running quite a bit. At your age, your bones are still growing. Your excessive running can make life miserable later on. Many adults who run end up with knee and hip problems. Some suffer with the pain constantly. Some have to have surgery. Others have to have their hip or knee replaced. I have a couple of friends that had to have both knees replaced. Be careful.

Oh yeah. I guess I should cut down my running. Is 1 hour a day okay? That would shorten it A LOT! And I won't feel comfortable unless I add in some cardio. Also 175cm in feet is 5'9". Thanks btw! :)

Okay! :) I'll try to!

You don't know me, but please trust me. Get help one way or the other. It's very important. I wish you the best.

• First, to answer your question. I'd date a gal that I found attractive. Please keep in mind that I'm 5'4" (163 cm) so my "upper limit" would be 5'8" (173 cm.). This is because I'd want to be able to kiss her in the moment and asking her to bend down so that I could kiss her would spoil the mood. I wouldn't go out with a model per say as I value my privacy and being famous doesn't allow for that.

As @Jxpxtxr pointed out, some men (myself included) are intimidated by tall women. For me, intimitated because of the point above as well as me looking like GLB / her kid / I'd be staring at her boobs while standing. While staring at her boobs my sound nice, I'd much rather stare at her face. Her face is what I'm going to be waking up to in the morning, what I'm going to be kissing, etc. At this point of time, there is very few things that we as men need to physically protect women from. Blame societal standards, blame biology, whatever, the stigma is there (that guys should be taller than the gal).

As for your age, you're 14. When I was growing up, gals were taller than most of the boys at that age. Also, at that age, most boys will "follow the pack" and even through college. Just focus on you and what you want in a guy.

• I wouldn't want to seriously date a girl who gets paid to take her clothes off and pose for sexuallly suggestive photoshoots. Also I feel like it would be disapointing to know see how sexy she looks for the photographers and then to know she will never look that hot for me. That she looks her best for the men that pay her.

So for a serious relationship I would choose the above average looking non-model.

What if she just did the basic photos with clothes on? Oh and her personality is great too

• dont worry about boys at your age you hav time on your side. because no kid at your age is really interested in relationships and there lying f they say they are. because the whole romeo and Juliet thing is just for storys no one at your age ever falls in love its just a crush and or an infatuation.

Oh yeah, true I guess. I dislike guys my age. They are SOOOO Immature. They be like "wooot woot look what I can do! *shows their belly button (and I don't know what they put in there)"

• First of all, relax. You are fine. Tall is beautiful, and there are plenty of guys for an intelligent girl of any height. Right now the boys in your school are probably crushing on you, but at the same time they are a bit scared of you. You are probably taller than many of them, and smarter than they are. You can overcome this. Don't wait for people to talk to you. Just greet everyone you see and instead of being tall and smart, you will also be known as the friendly girl.

Thank you! So guys can crush on tall girls too? Thanks! :)

Be happy. Height is an advantage for both men and women.

Really? Thanks! :)

• I would prefer a tall girl, mainly because she'd be closer to my height (almost 6'2") but the person I'm currently dating is a lot shorter — I'd choose someone who's my height if I could, but it's not very important overall.

Your question, however, is tall model vs slightly above average short girl, and that is easy. B. I'm not usually attracted to models (at least not to those I see in adverts).

Tallness is positive for me (well, unless you're a giant, 6'8" or something), but unless you're very short, being short isn't a negative trait — It's just a trait.

Oh nice! :)

• Slightly above average looking short girl. Actually planning a first date soon. Lol she is 5-1 and I'm almost 6 foot.

Do you hate tall girls? Even if they were model?

Okay I guess you don't like me lol. I ask stupid questions sometimes sorry :, D I have low blood sugar since I cut off all sugar from my diet sorry about that! D,: Sorry, I admit I sounded rude, now that I check back on it.

It was just weird to think that I hate tall girls. Have a good day.

• I love tall girls

• If you look good it might be worth it way more than the somewhat pretty short girl. I mean, look at Cara Delevigne - those eyebrows - she's pretty desirable. Also, most men will surpass your height real soon. Dont worry. You'll be fine.

Thank you! So height doesn't really matter in a girl?

True that. Thank God Im 6ft, so Im tall enough for most women. Short men get so much shit.

Yeah true! But a lot of my short girl friends have a crush on guys like 5 foot 7 and under. This one girl is 5 foot 3 and she has a crush on a 5 foot 2 guy and I remember when she said she wouldn't date a guy shorter than her

• Tall girls, short girls. What does it matter? I like whoever is better looking.

I don't want short kids either, so tall chicks might be a safer choice for my bloodline anyway.

Aw! Thanks! <3 <3 <3 :) Tall babes are going to love you! <3

Well I bet he's not that bad looking if he's with a model lol

Yeah true, he's not that ugly, but he's like average. And thank you for your comment! It makes me feel better! :)

• Yeah it's definitely B)

I've never been attracted to a single supermodel

Then again, only women find supermodels appealing.

This myTake www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a30952-no-models-aren-t-supposed-to-be-sexy-no-the-fashion-industry pretty much nails that fact in the coffin.

• Most models aren't too good once they take off all that make-up. And a lot of them have terrible personalities from what I have seen.

No what if all the other qualities are the same

The job is the issue.

I guess, I wouldn't blame you. I mean, I wouldn't be interested in someone who never spends time with me no matter how good they looked.

• Second one, i dont like competition.

• I don't get it... If I had the chance between dating some "above average" girl OR a MODEL (SUPPER PRETTY), why would anyone in fucks sake choose short and average?

Oh. HAHAHAHA! Thanks! XD <3 <3 <3

• So looking at the answers you will see B and A getting plenty of votes.

Right now B has more. I suspect it will stay that way.

However, girls who qualify for 'B' are very common. Girls like 'A' are rare. So in fact there would be more completion for the A girls. Most guys might not favor them, but more guys favor them then there are girls like this.

It's like blonde hair. More men actually prefer dark hair. However, the number of men who prefer blonde exceeds the number of blonde girls, so each blonde girl gets more attention.

Being intelligent I'm sure you follow this ;)

You've likely also had a distorted standpoint due to age.

When I was 14, for example, I was around 160 cm. you would have been much taller than me. You are probably close to being done growing. By age 17, I was 190 cm. that's not unusual - as a tall girl you are near max height now. The tall guys have not even hit their growth spurt yet. It will be easier.

By the way my 14 year old daughter is probably 176 cm. you're not alone :)

• The model with good personality

Thank you soooo much! :)

• No offense, but models and women who look like models tend to be very stuck up and entitled.

No like what if her personality wasn't like that?

• Listen don't ever say that guys won't like you or anything of the sort. I'm a 15 year old and am over 6 feet so night isn't an issue for me. So just look out for the right guy that will accept you for who you are.

So tall guys don't really look at height?

I personally don't.

Nice! :)

What Girls Said 2

• Tell me about it.. I'm 5'10" (177cm) and I actually model (although I think I'm gonna quit soon) and despite of what they say online, most guys really do prefer short girls to the point where they don't even consider tall girls, probably because they feel intimidated or insecure about their own height to some extend. It's like most girls liking tall guys because they can protect them, most guys probably don't like tall girls because they feel they don't need protection? I don't know the reason for this and it sucks but what can we do? Just be patient and wait until you meet the one guy who doesn't mind your height! )

That stinks poop.

Yeah I've noticed this as well, doing your research did you find out why this is?

Lol probably cause its rare to be tall I'm those countries.

• Hon, I understand you're trying, but you're not that tall, and it's not that hard to run 4 hours a day. You're still young and most people on here don't like when people fish for compliments. I understand you want one but please stop.

Wait how exactly am I fishing for compliments?