Why do I act like a slut after breaking up with my boyfriend?

I feel so embarrassing of myself that I want to die.
We broke up 7 months ago and it was awful. It has been awful but the worse is that since that time I have been acting really slutty.
I have had sex with 3 different guys, 2 of them were just casual sex and the other one I was very interested in him but he just used me.

I do not know what i am doing. No guy will ever want me because of this? I did not even enjoyed sex with this guys and after that I felt sick.

3mo I mean, i am just 20 and I have had sex with 5 people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like your self esteem and worth is damaged. you are trying to fill a void of love with sex and it won't work. stop dating, get professional couneling help to process your emotions of loss, fear, rejection, etc.. help process what happened in the relationship and heal. take maybe 3-6 months off from guys.

I cannot tell if there is anything deeper than just you wre wounded, but what you are doing is bad for you. you are not a bad person, just a wounded one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say this is sort of normal. If you were in a relationship that had much time invested, you might just be feeling free and wanting to experience other men before you decide if you want to settle down with one person again. Nothing wrong with that. It's these little flings that often give us something to talk about in the future as our past experiences so that you know what you like and don't like. :)

What Guys Said 9

• Because you're trying to fill the emotional void left by your ex-bf with sex and temporary validation from attractive men
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• So... why do it? because you are emotionally distraught. Kind of like a lost kitten. You need to take a break from guys, its not a good idea to be around them in your state because you will continue to wear down your emotional state since its obviously troubling for you.

• You feel the need to feel wanted, though hooking up isn't going to help that. It will actually make it worse because then later when you find a decent guy that could have liked you, he may not be interested if you end up pregnant from one of your previous hook ups.

• you need to take time and figure out what it is that u want within yourself and once u figure that out any guy would be honoured to date u and treat u right not just use u

• It's life deal with it

• You are just trying to process your guilt (which I am not sure if you are of any).

• I wouldn't judge you.
    Keep your chin up, bird

• Just don't end up like Miley Cyrus

• I highly suggest that you see a professional physiatrist about it. Because there could a be ton of reasons why you do that. Heck these days women sleep around with guys without having been through a break up.

What Girls Said 9

• There's plenty of guys who will still want you, and any guy who doesn't isn't worth your time anyways. When we're dealing with a broken heart, everyone reacts differently: some women eat a lot of junk food, or listen to a lot of sad music, and some people go out and seek intimacy with others. There's nothing wrong with what you did, regardless of what some men here are going to say. You're lonely, and so are attempting to fill the void with other guys via rebound sex. If it was unfufilling and unenjoyable, you can attempt to fill the void other ways, by seeking out friends and not allowing yourself to feel lonely. But don't worry about your "number" it's just that, a number, and has nothing to do with your worth and your value as a human being. Good luck honey.

• I believe that's a coping mechanism. I'm not surprised that you say you didn't enjoy any of it per se, but continued to go on sleeping with more other guys. It's like your body was attempting to cope with the emotional trauma and heartbreak via sexual means. To compensate for the validation you failed to get in the end from your ex.

Don't worry about it too much. Stay strong and focus on surrounding yourself with more positive things. :)

• You are acting out of a broken heart? its possible that by sleeping with these men it will help you move on faster and to keep your mind off your ex boyfriend. It won't. The best thing you need to do is just let yourself heal.. it takes time, some people experience a broken heart longer than others. Sleeping around and having multiple partners won't fill the hole for you, you know that which is why your feeling awful about yourself. Step away from men and sex.. and spend time with yourself.

• You are hurting and want to show your ex that you can get men easily like he can get women. I have done the same thing too ( even worse) and know how you feel. Time and self love will help you out in the long run. Feel free to message me if you'd like

• I have casual sex after breakups because my self esteem hits its lowest point and I think no one is ever gonna love me anyways, might as well enjoy it. Generally I know for sure I'm over someone when I start passing up casual sex and one night stands. Hell, Ill make a guy I've been dating wait for months. That's when I know I'm back to normal.

• I say only YOU know the answer to this one.

• don't be so hard on yourself. take it slow and try to avoid users ><

• Just forget about it

• You are acting out at age 20. You're not a slut you act like a slut but first of all you don't have to tell any guy how many guys you've been with. Second it's normal to try out guys and to see what you really want. Apparently you're not ready for sex and that is also okay. Why have sex if you don't like it? Relax get over this other guy another way. Interact with your girlfriends have fun. You are not abnormal you are just acting out out of an emotional trauma