Would you stop flirting with someone if you discovered they only just got out of a relationship?

After quite a long period of complicatedness (it really was complicated, too much so to type out here and not relevant) I ended things with a guy I loved and still have feelings for. I met another guy (old friend I got back into contact with) who is great, we had a good connection and I loved to just have deep and heated conversations alternated with uncontrollable laughter all night long and it was uncomplicated and natural. We didn't do amything but talking. Then I told him what had happened, because I needed someone to know and he understood me. Do you think it'll stop him from wanting to get to know me better in a romantic way?

(Im not even sure he wants to be more than friends, only strongly suspected it)

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were interested in her, some dude from her past isn't stopping me. I'd talk with her about how she felt and probably take it slow though.

Even if the past is yesterday?

I don't think it ruined your chances. Just don't bring up unnecessary stuff about your ex when with him, it pisses us off and we genuinely couldn't care less about the guy

Okay.

He doesn't know yet, but he knows my ex and talked a lot with him too, since we're all part of the same students club (the new guy/old friend joined 2 weeks ago). Well, he knows the ex is a member, but I didn't name him yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would stop flirting of him out of fear of being used as a rebound relationship. I do not want to deal with that and I do not wish to cure someone from the wounds of their last relationship. Call me selfish, but that is not my responsibility.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, but I would help them as a friend to process their emotion first.

What Girls Said 1

• I would be cautious because I don't want to be the rebound chick or catch drama.