Are ever disappointed in how people look in real life vs. their online profile?

I mean most people at this probably figured out how much a good angle and good light can do for you. And then there apps out there that can do basic photoshop for everyone.

I'm thinking to make a tinder profile and I'm wondering what types of pictures to pic. So are you often disappointed in how people look in real life vs. they pictures they choose for online dating sites?

To underline what I mean, here are some examples of celebrities basically doing the same thing

1

2

3

4

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, The first girl and the second girl would be the most disapointing but the contrast between before and after with the other girls isn't as great.

Also in real life, they probably wouldn't look as good as in the first picture but they would still look better than in the second picture. I doubt a girl is going to post a picture of her with makeup and styled hair and then show up to a first date with sweatpants, no makeup, and messy hair. So the difference shouldn't be as drastic.

well I wasn't really looking at their outfit, more at their face. And I tried using fair pictures. As in pics where they smile and not look grumpy or anything, just not posed pictures. Yes I'm sure most girls would wear make up, but reality is unless you have professional make up artist doing it, it really doesn't make that much of a difference for most of us. No one is gonna show up with Kim Kardashian full face of make up either

www.kireimakeup.com/.../before-and-after.jpg
      pre08.deviantart.net/.../...utterfiend-d6hfefo.jpg
      www.upstateramblings.com/.../before-after.jpg

And all but the first ones are selfies, we can all easily take pics like that and edit them like that so I don't think it's unrealistic contrast

Well I'm not into Tinder or online dating and I tend to overthink things so maybe I'm not the right person to ask on this.

In my opinion, whether or not a guy loses interest depends on how accommodating he is a person, what kind of options he has, what he's looking for (hookup vs relationship), whether or not he realized the pictures were modified, and how attracted to you he is when he sees you in person. Like if he thinks the real life version of you is still really attractive then he’s not going to care that much if you’re not as attractive as you were in the picture. How well your personalities click will also factor into it (if he is looking for a relationship).

Now this is just me but the Amanda Seyfried would be the most disappointing if she showed up like she looked in the second picture. Part of it is because I know how hot she can look when she goes to an event or is posing for a photoshoot.

So it would be disappointing to see how sexy she looks for the men she poses for during photoshoots and during her red carpet events and then seeing that she doesn’t even try and look as hot for me.

So how disappointed I would feel depends on how much effort she seems to put into her appearance on a normal day or when she goes out partying and whether or not she tries to look as good for me. Like if it comes across that she puts more effort into looking hot when she goes to a party than she does on a date with me then that would be a turn off.
      Maybe just try to strike a balance. On a 1 to 10 scale, 1 being the worst pictures you have ever taken, 5 being pictures that you think are more accurate representations of how you look on a typical day and 10 being heavily modified the best you’ve ever looked, just go with something in the 7 range.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. Once I went on a date with a guy who seemed SOOO tall in his pictures but was actually 5'3''ish. I was a little stunned, which was kind of a turn off.

I'd put up an awesome picture of you, but also throw in one or two "real" pictures of you.

What Guys Said 11

• i really like the "real live pics" obviously they donĀ“t look as "polish" as the online pics but they look more genuine and still actually very attractive. i have met people in person though who looked even worse than that in real live while they looked as good in their profile pics.

• Yes - I never bothered with this much - but of the few girls I've met from the online world, the difference was stark - they all looked one whole level worse then their photos (basically a lot more weight on in real life and not more than 70% as pretty - where my photos generally all look worse than I do in real life)

• Damn, the 4th girl actually looks better in her non "shopped" pic. Personally I've had a disappointment or two or lol maybe a lot more than that. Just show real pics and maybe don't use Tinder. It holds a reputation of being a hookup site.

• Nah, maybe 10 years ago, but I'm used to the difference by now.

And it's hard to filter away fat.

Actually, you'd be surprised

I mean ya that happens to me sometimes. You see a girls pics on facebook and then in real life and you wonder "is that her?" But ya that pas part of the question.
      And it's not even editing just a good angle

scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../...4_642457723_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_HdgkHz1Mo

I mean obviously she has a gorgous face, but I do think she looks quite slim in the picture when she is not really

Yeah, the angles are just something I just had to learn.

Like, this girl got a pretty good angle going there. It's not even that dishonest, like she looks like a heavier girl in the photo. Just not as heavy as she actually is.

But what gives it away? the absence of collar bones.
      And he photo breaks the two foot rule.

But I'm not saying I can't be fooled.
      I just generally like my girls slightly thinner than can easily be manipulated with angles.
      And I've been at this since like '02. lol, I'm old school social media.

• Of course. Like when I would go for a date with a girl I assumed to be of a healthy weight, only to have a land whale show up

• The pics you provided are not that bad in my opinion. It's ok to rig it a little bit (it's like a commercial, point out good things so bad things fall aside).

What I believe is a lot w

a lot worse are those pictures where you can see only her face and then you meet her she has 100kilos.

• They look better in real life to me, I'm tired of the fake tan caused by filter.

• thank god I look better in real life than in pictures. I take horrible pictures because I end up getting real awkward right before the flash. thats actually why I dont model.

• Yeah I am

• It's always disappointing, one of the reasons why I simply quit dating years ago.

• Sure. That's why always take the most disgusting photo I can and just work my way from that.

What Girls Said 7

• Lights, camera, makeup, and hair stylist. Omg women look like women when they don't do anything to themselves. Big deal.

• They still look pretty in my opinion.. every one has their frumpy days.. no one looks like a model 24/7. It's nothing like this.. http://youtu. be/2alnVIj1Jf8

• None of the women you posted have makeup on in their "real life photos." I'm pretty sure they'd be wearing makeup going out, and would look much similar IRL as online.

• I don't think 3 and 4 are that different a bit of makeup maybe, which is what all of them seem to wear and not wear. It doesn't look that photoshoped

• I try not to be.

• Its mostly makeup that makes them look different.

As I commented a few times, I don't think , make up makes a stark difference for most women. Most of us wear a bit of mascara and maybe foundation but that's that

In opinion make up and no make up a very close when for most people

Yes but we now have contours, fake eyelashes and eyebrow makeup. Both can make a big difference. Plus, those eye stickers that makes you have double eyelids. But it does depend on the girl, how she wears her makeup. And yes, there are apps that can photoshop your face/body for free.

• Bad examples. That's just people without makeup!!

Just meet with makeup as in profile pic no biggie