Are smoking and doing drugs deal breakers for you?

Smoking tobacco, marijuana, etc. and all kinds of drugs.
Does it help if person is trying to quit?

Most Helpful Guy

• Smoking is gross and the smell of the smoke makes my eyes and throat dry out and drugs are a waste of money and can kill you so yes, deal breakers. "Trying" to quit means they haven't quit so this person can call me when they do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes bc I've already overcome addictions and I don't think I would b able to watch someone to through it...

What Guys Said 27

• Huge deal breakers, though weed is ok if it's not regularly, like once in a while, or just at parties.

• Trying to quit? I'll help her but I won't date her. And yes. These are huge turn offs for me. Anything beyond alcohol is a terrible idea (presuming you're responsible around alcohol) and I can't stand it. I'd never date a person who gets their own mind polluted just for fun.

• Not a deal breaker if its in moderation, and it doesn't affect or define their life style.

• I don't like being around tobacco smokers, because I use to smoke and quit. I get mild cravings when I smell fresh tobacco. It's not something that would get me to smoke again, but I'd rather not be around it at all even if the person is just my friend. I haven't smoked weed in at least a decade. I don't really have a problem with marijuana. It's not something I personally do anymore but if someone did it occasionally like I drink beer occasionally I wouldn't think anything of it.

• Not a dealbreaker for me. My (now ex) girlfriend smoked regularly. We went to a shisha bar together a few times (actually quite enjoyable so long as one doesn't make a habit of it). I myself still have the first (unfinished) pack of cigarillos I bought two years ago and have never touched a cigarette. Never smoked pot either.

Hard drugs, though? Instant deal-breaker.

• Tobacco and marijuana to an extent aren't. But harder drugs probably are. If they're trying to quit I'm going to be a good person and help them quit.

• smoking is definitely a deal-breaker for me
    drugs are like 90% chance of being a deal-breaker, there may be some instances where I'll overlook it.

• Smoking: Turn off, but I would give a chance if she was trying to quit and doesn't do it excessively.

Drugs: I want nothing to do with any woman who has or does drugs whatsoever.

• Yes it is.

• Smoking is fine but not drugs

• I guess smoking would be kind okay, but I'd be happier if there were no smoking either. But heavier drugs is an immediate gtfo of my life

• Smoking I don't mind - drugs would be a major issue.

• absolutely not! exactly the opposite

• smoking and weed I'm fine with, just not hard drugs like meth, coke, and heroine

• Total deal breaker. Total.

• It is a huge deal breaker.

• Yupp

• depends... what's she LIKE when she's drunk, stoned, high, etc?

I'd date a girl that did pretty much anything except opiates if she had her shit together. Alcohol is a lot more obnoxious with women than most drugs in my opinion.

Just as you said @alaysatlorp "nothing counts when you're drunk" - that's the type of shit I'm talking about. A girl who said that, even in passing-I'd never date, it really says a LOT about her lol

• It's not a deal breaker as long as it doesn't interfere with their finances or their daily routines

• Yea
    I'm heavy smoker
    But I must quite when my body is not only mine

• Normal smoking, yes
    Marijuana, no

• it`s npt deal breaker no.
    as long as they not addicted

• I don't want her to smoke nor do drugs (including pot) AT ALL if I'm going to get with her. Same with vaping, alcohol intoxication and tanning.

• yes it is.

• not a total deal breaker but she loses massive points.

• I smoke weed, I would be a hypocrite to say, yes

• If they do drugs I want nothing to do with them. No relationship ever, even if they quit.

What Girls Said 19

• Yes, I don't smoke anything myself and would not be attracted to someone who does. I can't stand the smell of smoke and I don't want to be around drugs either.

• Honestly I'm fine with weed and tobacco but drugs are a different story. I might try to have a relationship if I know they're clean but it might cause problems if they come back to them,

• For me they definitely are, but probably because I've already been there and served my time. It was horrible.

• They are. I won't be with someone who does either. And no it's not enough if they're "trying to quit".

• I would say smoking yes because my dad was a smoker and passed away from lung cancer. So I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to my SO. Weed, is ok... as long as its in moderation. My ex would only do it when he went to his uncles which was once every two months or so. Any other drugs of any kind id have to say no... unless they have fully recovered from an addiction...

• Definite deal breaker and a major turn off. I don't care what they're "trying" to do. They do it and I don't. Bye.

• Definitely a deal breaker! They do you no good so it doesn't even make sense to start them or use them. Obviously anyone who smokes or does drugs is instantly a no go because I wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't understand the harm these do or how they're no good.

• I don't like tobacco or any kind of drugs, but it would be helpful if the person is trying to quit.

• Yes, they are.
    If the person is trying to quit, I might help them, but I wouldn't date them.

• Yeah, definitely. Smokers always smell bad. Kissing them becomes a horrible experience, their clothes and stuff reek and it's hard to get rid of the smell.

Drug users aren't people to rely on, eve if it's as innocent as weed you never know.

• I can live with smoking but that's it no drugs, marijuana being a drug is included.

marijuana is way healthier than smoking, in fact it has medicinal properties too in moderation

the key word is "moderation"

@shipoopi
      I know people who smoke marijuana, even just a little bit effects how you act.

• Of course. Drugs not only mess with metal physique, but they make you look aged, filthy, and ratty. They also make your breath, clothes, room/home, and body smell absolutely gross. Plus, gives you cancer, (and other diseases/illness), kids.

• Not to me

• Nope, because I smoke sometimes

• Huge drug breakers expect if it was alcohol

• Weed is okay occasionally.

But if he smokes cigarettes daily, and is high half of the time... HUGE turn off.

• Smoking's fine because I myself smoke socially, and I think a significant amount of people would have tried some kind of drug at some point, even in the experimentation phase. Just don't f*ck yourself up with them, and I'm cool.

• No it is not.

• Drugs is a deal breaker but smoking? I dont care. More important things to worry about.