Boyfriend being... perfect?

So over the summer, my boyfriend and I experienced a little tension in our relationship. He wasn't the best at staying in touch, and because he was still working on his driver's license we had to rely on parent transportation for any dates which was a pain in the booty to arrange. Ugh. However, now that the school year has started up again, everything has changed. He's become extremely affectionate, sensitive, and confident. He's proud of me, appreciates me, and listens to what I have to say. I'm not sure what caused the sudden change, and I'm having trouble reacting to it well. My boyfriends before him were selfish jerks, so now that someone actually cares for me it's taking a bit to get used to. For example sometimes he'll say the sweetest thing, and I'll just kind of "uhhhh, thanks" and I'm worried it seems like I'm being salty or distant. So I was wondering if anyone could maybe diagnose his sudden behavior change, and how I could respond to it in a better fashion?

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds like him being able to drive has boosted his ego and is making feel proud about himself now that he can take you places. dont worry. and eventually you will get used to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• His feelings for you matured. He feels more emotionally attached to you and that's a great thing. You could respond by doing nice things for him as well. Show him appreciation. Show him that you care and that you'll be there for him whenever he needs it.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he just woke up to really liking you or knowing it's silly to be a jerk - is there anything giving you any concerns?
    If not - enjoy it instead of worrying (the good things do exist - contrary to what the Internet and media will have you believe)

What Girls Said 0