How long does it take you to move on?

I've been talking to a guy recently and he's just gotten out of a really long relationship ( 5 year long) . It's been around 5 months or something and he seems way better but do you think he has really moved on? Also if we do have something , will I just be a rebound?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep your guard up, but if you start to notice anything strange about his behaviour or that he starts bringing up comments about his ex and that he's not really happy or something then that isn't going to really get anywhere as he really wasn't ready to move on. For now just focus on the positives and just have fun and enjoy your time together without being too serious about it, or how it will all play out or turn out.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on how the relationship ended.
    I recently got out of 4 years relationship like 6 mos ago too so I'm pretty much like in the same place as your guy.
    My ex cheated, I knew he's not the one I will never be happy with him, so I'm completely moved on now. I loved him cared for him very much, and he will always have his place in my heart but I know I will never give him another chance. if he's moved on like I have, then he's ready to have a new relationship.
    Nobody can tell you that unless you talk to him ask him. Even rebound relationship can lead to something more I wouldn't worry much just be yourself and talk to him if that bothers you. If he cares you, he will have no problem talking about it and make you feel secured.

What Guys Said 4

• really depends on the person. I can be back out there the next day and I'm good. If it was an abusive relationship-that's different, and depend on length of time the person was abused... but if long term (like 3 year or more) a year likely is necessary to recover. And I'm not talking about some petty violence. I mean the REAL stuff, ACTUAL severe abuse-like a narcissist woman, or a borderline woman for example.

• Depends on how invested or in-love I am with her. It could be anywhere from a week to a month and even a year

• Several decades.

• depends. can take years.

What Girls Said 11

• usually if they are mentioning their previous relationships to you more than a couple of times, they are still coming to terms with the break up. It all depends on their ability and willingness to move on. Best not to wait for them as there is an impossible to know length of time you could be twiddling you thumbs for.

• On average, 5 months to a year and my longest moving on phase was a year and a half (my first love) and the shortest was 3 months (my first boyfriend) and I never dated anyone until now. However, if you started to notice something odd about him such as the signs he is not into you anymore, don't be afraid to walk away.

• It depends on the person, and the level of hurt. It generally can take at least a year or less for me though.

• three years for my ex husband, a three months for some of my ex lovers (depending on how much I liked them) and possibly a year for my last lover.. that one really hurt when he ended it

• Depends on how much I like the guy, usually takes me a couple's months

• Takes me a year to be ready to date again but I still always care

• 1 day usually

• It takes me 15 minutes (literally) to get over someone. I have a little cry realise its over and then it is OVER. Being hung up over things that have ended is a sign of emotional immaturity. This is not the same for if someone dies... then we enter a whole different ball game. The thing is we end relationships for a reason we remember that reason and we no longer yearn for that relationship.

• ... How old does he have to be to have been in a single relationship for 5 years? He likely just wants to mess around to be honest. I doubt he's ready for a serious relationship with a teenager.

• It depends on the person. Sometimes they take years to move on, sometimes theyre able to take only a few years. Give it time still. Dont do any sexual things with him cause you dont know if he's only using u for sex or not. Wait until you two date.

• Well I wouldn't necessarily make a move if you believe he's not over her cause then you would infact be the rebound and yeah...