Drug question? Dating websites, new to me, often ask the question along with drinking, smoking etc. Do you take drugs?

Personally for me, i have experienced various substances and on occasion could still enjoy certain ones, there are two specific types taken along side an eventful evening of sexual pleasure both very different that appeal to me, you can't say that on a dating site, no one admits this of course and surely not everyone on a dating site has never indulged? Any thoughts anyone? oh and out of interest any guys ever dated a female who indulged even if you didnt? xx

• Even if did or currently do, you are not going to say yes considering your profile, dah
  • I believe people would be honest about this issue?
  • I believe it gives people to be honest about themselves?
    Vote C
  • Personally I have never seen a person that has admitted to using drugs?
    Vote D

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I prefer honesty myself. Recreational drugs are not really a hobby of mine, but if someone offers I probably won't turn it down unless they don't try to pass me a needle or something hardcore like that. Never bothered with dating sites (with Backpage there's no need) but if I did and it asked such a question I'd put it as I have written it here. I'd be really disappointed if I brought home some girl from one of those sites that I thought was clean and she ends up shooting up in my bathroom. Far more than if she would have simply told me in the first place. To me junkies are bad. Liars are worse. Worse still if they are both.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it is something that you occasionally do or would like to do occasionally then I think you could check the box of not into drugs since there is no box to check that says occasionally or if the moon and stars align properly I may do some drugs. lol!

However, if you are communicating with someone that on their profile says never to drugs or if anything else indicates that they are a never to drugs person, then it is on you to disclose it to them so they can make an informed decision.

That really is what any of these questions on a dating profile are about. Do you want kids or not? Do you want to be in a relationship or not? Etc. We all deserve the right to make an informed decision on who we want to bother with on a dating site.

So it is on you to disclose this to people when it is of consequence to them however you see fit to do so. Just make it known and then it is their decision to continue or not knowing this about you.

Good luck. :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• no experience with drugs here and I doubt people are honest about it... they aren't honest about a lot of stuff online.

• This is a hard poll to answer it doesn't make much sense, but most people totally lie in that section. I know I do.

• So just out of curiosity, what do you sometimes like to take when you're having sex? How do they heighten your sensitivity?

• Many will admit it about weed but lie about all the other stuff: it seems cool to smoker joints.

• I'm an artist, so I have a lot of creative friends who certain substances. Other than weed, which really isn't a serious drug in my opinion; Xanax/Klonopin/Ativan (usually prescribed lol) are popular. Opiates are pretty bad, I don't mess with them unless a doctor prescribes them for a real reason. The feeling is too nice, and it's super easy to get hooked. I've had lean before and that was some wild shit. Not something I could do often though. I've seen girls destroyed by oxy it's sad. Coke is around wherever there is money. I'm not into it. I don't like the way women act on it. Not attractive at all. Obviously, shooting heroin is a dealbreaker. Frankly, drugs are bad on the whole unless they are properly prescribed by a doctor. It's not worth it.

• Only if you count the caffeine in my coffee and medication such as antihistamines for hay fever etc
    But I wouldn't say I did even if i did take anything that wasn't legal it's publicly available on a dating sight so important to present yourself well if your going to do it.

• I believe they should quit the bad habit first then date. Drugs to me and I wanna say most normal guys are deal breakers. Only ones that will be fine are other druggies.

• I've seen several ads that say 420 friendly. I don't think most people would post that they use harder stuff even if they do - most addicts aren't looking to meet other addicts. That is what rehab is for.

• Lots of weed users likely won't count that, if you do coke or other shit, just put yes.

• Anything written online can come back to haunt you even when you're anonymous. People that admit to doing drugs online publically are morons and don't care about their future.

• Question an options have weird wording, difficult to understand.

• If they do illegal drugs they probably won't post it publicly online. Legalize drugs to make the world more honest!

What Girls Said 5

• I'm really surprised at the polled answers, I occasionally do them... But I won't come out and tell someone that I do because I do not know how they will react and I don't want to be looked down upon like a druggie... I avoid it. Unless the guy himself mentions he does them.. But then I end up skeptical I have had both spectrums.. Guys saying they rarely that do it everyday and guys who say they do it but only mildly. I think that once u know someone out right and are closer it is something that can be mentioned and judged from there

• I feel like it's way more common to admit to it than not.. at least recreationally. On Tinder at least EVERYONE who's down for it mentions they're 420 friendly.

• The only drug I've ever done was weed a couple of times, and each time was a big fat fail. I could die happy without ever doing it again.
    If its not weed, I don't think many people would admit to using harder drugs on dating sites. Usually people are more open about the common ones.

• I never take drug, smoke or drink alcohol. I do believe what they put on because why act suspicious on something you can't verify anyways? Plus it's rude to ask the person if he lied about smoking, etc...

• I think it depends on the person... Guys often are more open about that then girls (saying from my experience) so...
    Answering if I would date someone.. I would but I don't like drugs. I would ask him to not use them around me