Why is being a feminist a deal breaker for a lot of men?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not really. Im definitely not a feminist but my girlfriend is. We just dont talk about it much but when we do i guess its interesting. one thing she hates is that whenwe go for a meal out I refuse to pay for her part and will only go 50/50 and when she asks why I just say because feminism. At the start of the relationship she was all about consent, but later on she's conditioned me to be less polite and dominate her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's for a lot, just for the ignorant ones like the majority of the guys on this site who bash it. They do not know what feminists really are and just assume that all of them are feminazis, when they are a minuscule percentage. It's the equivalent of saying all Muslims are terrorists. Just pure ignorance.

What Guys Said 37

• “Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.”
    ~Catherine Comins

“I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honourable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them.”
    ~Robin Morgan

“To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking dildo.”
    ~Valerie Solanas

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.”
    ~Andrea Dworkin

“Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear”
    ~Susan Brownmiller

“The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men.”
    ~Sharon Stone

“In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent.”
    ~Catherine MacKinnon

“The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.”
    ~Sally Miller Gearhart

“Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.”
    ~Germaine Greer

I wonder why informed guys do not want to date a feminist.

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../i-dunno-lol_1_.jpg

• Being feminist isn't a deal breaker for me. But thinking feminism is about male bashing is 😊

• because feminism says that they work towards equality, while acting in ways that harm men and boys. on my Facebook page I have a list of 4 things that I am working on, and all 4 of them are steps towards equality yet are contrary to feminist doctrin. they are:

We must address this idea that men are privileged, and women are oppressed. To let each gender recognize that both genders have problems and to address these as societal problems, and not have this dialog of "who has it worse." If people are suffering then we should stop the suffering and not argue that group A is suffering so we can ignore that group B is also suffering. And this comes from awareness. Letting people know that this isn't a zero sum game.

The second goal is to recognize that there is nothing wrong with showing compassion for both men and boys. That guys can and do deserve basic human compassion.

The third is to destroy the myth that men are inherently dangerous. That just because a person has a penis doesn't mean that they are going to rape or kill you. And this is, again, looking at statistical facts and pointing out that men and women rape at roughly the same rate, that women are just as likely to be domestically violent as men, etc.

And lastly we need to stop trying to turn men into women, we need to recognize that there are biological, psychological and hormonal differences between the sexes. That each gender deals with stimuli differently, and that there are natural ways that each gender addresses emotional distress.

• For the same reason unemployment among other things are deal breakers for women. Men do not want to have to abide by traditional standards for women who are not going to do the same. This is the same reason why women do not want to commit and be wives to men who will not take care of them.

• Here's why:

True Gender Equality - I eat healthy, I work out, I exercise. I maintain a healthy weight. And my girlfriend also eats healthy, exercises, and maintains a healthy weight.

Feminist's Idea of Gender Equality - I eat healthy, I work out, I exercise. I maintain a healthy weight. My girlfriend can do as she wants. She becomes fat and unattractive. I have to accept this because I am a man and she is a woman. And if I don't it means I am a womanizer.

Cheers!

• becuase they are like aliens
    http://i.imgur.com/psq5rqj.gif

• Generally its because they disagree with your viewpoints and/or think you are obnoxious and condescending.

• Would you date an MRA?

• Third-wave feminists include radicals who believe all men are cisgender privileged pigs who no nothing of women's health issues. In fact, I probably no more about the anatomy than many of these radical feminists do. I'm all for women's rights, but don't blame me for knowing the difference between wages and earnings and not putting women on a pedestal

• It's a turn on if she's a true feminist fighting for equality of both genders, it's a huge turn off if I find they're one of the keyboard warriors that attack the opposite gender in their compurters lol

• Because feminists are such crazy hateful people.

• Yes its a deal breaker

• Because of social media more and more "feminists" believe everything they read and don;t listen to actual facts. I avoid women who are very in your face about being a feminist, it usually means it will lead to arguments in he future, not worth the aggravation. If I hear one more feminist tell me 1 in 4 women will be raped or that there is a big wage gap.

• For me I'm just not interested in someone who is only focused on one sex. Plus I've never met a feminist who didn't have some kind of underlying bitterness towards men.

• Irrational ideologies aren't the most attractive traits in a potential partner.

• Because they think all sex is rape

Which also means they're pretty damn unwilling to share physical intimacy, and also hate you for having a penis

• Probably because we see inconsistencies and biases in feminism that you may not. Just a thought.

• because they're crazy, unstable and usually come in an assortment of colors that's why

• its not unless a girl takes it too far and becomes a femi-nazi. then its a deal breaker.

• Their current movent is simply insultimg to men. And its hard to figure out who is a manhater and who is not.

• Haha, this is in response to that deal breaker question isn't it. 'Why is being a feminist a deal breaker for women?' Are you for real. Look at the way you go on and what your trying to do. I like the fact you whine about that when women have unjust deal breakers like can't be skinny, hairy or bad teeth or have a disability. And that is because of feminism, you got no room to complain. You reap what you sow.

• not a deal breaker.

• Not a deal breaker, but I've seen women who claim to be feminists, but their logic is absent

• Because feminists typically have an ingrown sexist hatred against men.

• Because we don't know what kind of feminist you are.

• Cause people are fucking idiots and read propaganda statistics of some guy that sells you futons online over less biased academic institutions. Cause one extremist activist voice weighs more than a hundred. Eugh that was really preachy and disgusting

• Depends what kind. I'd rather not be dominated by one of those man hating ones, my asshole is fine as it is. But really, it isn't that much of a turn off if it's a TRUE feminist.

• is it?

• Because I like my women confident, intelligent and not filled with hate.

• Because we men ain't sexist in that case

• More from Guys
    7

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• because some girls say they want everything to be equal but in all honestly sometimes they over do it and make it unfair for men. Or some men don't like being equal to women because that's just how they are, you can't change someones views by force and sometimes feminist try to hard to, in my opinion

• Have you not seen how 3rd wave feminist act these days? They have made feminism look down right disgusting and an absolute joke. Then there are men that as soon as they here the word "feminist" their mind goes straight to "man hating women that want to over power and control them". That is Not what feminism was suppose to be about.. it was just suppose to be about equality in the workforce. To work along side men not throw them under the bus. But it's no wonder why they think that way cause of how some feminist present themselves and feminism today.

This is real feminism : encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images
    This is the bullshit you see today:
    http://youtu.be/8Y7L_q65jrE

A postman stalking her... Notice how a lot of these females are busted as fuck and delusional...

@BlackPantherSpeaks I know I was like.. you idiot it's his job to deliver mail to your house lol I guess my mail man is stalking me every time he delivers my mail XD

• Two reasons. They'll swear up and down it's neither of them and call anyone who says so a stupid feminist whore but it's either:

A: They don't know what feminism is and they're either willfully misled or just undereducated

B: Feminism makes them insecure. It's a complex issue that involves tie ins to being in a patriarchal society, toxic masculinity, and it's all very sad for everyone.

• I think it's a deal breaker for a certain select group of men, but it's probably not a group that a self-professed feminist would be interested in dating. I would say that the average man isn't concerned. I've never had any issues dating while feminist.

Yeah i wonder why that would be? Because you are a woman thats why.

• I don't know, there are a few girls that take it waaaay to far that I can see why you wouldn't want to date them. But I consider myself a feminist, as in I believe men and women should have equal rights. But if I mention that it seems like it offends a lot of people.

"I believe men and women should have equal rights."

The thing is that men and women DO have equal rights. Or can you name one right that men have but women don't?

People are free to there openings, if it's not hurting me why would I be upset about it?

I didn't say anything about dating wtf, I mean that it's incredibly fucking patronizing telling someone what you think they are when they have already told you themselves what they are.

If you don't want to understand why that is wrong then good for you for being an ignorant little shit. Goodbye for the third time.

• Because the rad-fems give the rest a bad name

• feminists r annoying

• for obvious reasons. most feminists are irrational, paranoid, delusional, and angry. And just watch. people will downvote me and comment on this saying that "I'm a feminist, and I'm not like that." just because YOU aren't like that doesn't disprove the fact that most feminists are delusional.

• If I was a dude, I would be like, "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED." 😆